Author Topic: P3 paints, any good?  (Read 2244 times)

shwnlyns

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
P3 paints, any good?
« on: April 13, 2013, 08:16:11 PM »
I'm curious about p3 paints and their quality. I like their bright colors and I'm thinking about running some through the airbrush I just picked up for basecoating; so anyone can out there use them and have any insight on the paints.

Grand Master Steve

Re: P3 paints, any good?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 05:19:07 PM »
I use the paints for my Circle I think they are pretty good for base coating and mixing up some colors

Randl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 09:01:25 PM »
From what I use I do like the coverage of their colors, but I do prefer GW Metallics.
Oh and I love their Inks.

shwnlyns

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 09:13:57 PM »
From what I use I do like the coverage of their colors, but I do prefer GW Metallics.
Oh and I love their Inks.

I did read somewhere that a few of the P3 metallics were recalled, (gold and something else), but it's nice to hear that their inks are good, I'm not a big fan of the new washed from GW, nuln oil in particular.

Demonster

• Heroic Tier Level 3
  • So what're we playing today?
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 11:08:10 PM »
They're not bad I'm still using them except for the gold I had - dried up in a couple of days - went bad really fast.
I got a 1!....That's a good thing, right?

As quoted: Moonie, "What would you do for a Klondike Bar?" Cale, "I would make love to a camel. But it would have to be a mint chocolate chip one."

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 01:31:06 PM »
I only use one color the carnal pink for a highlight color for my tau. It goes on good, my only real beef would be the flip top lids I prefer the dropper (vallejo) I usually disconnect the lid from the bottle and whens there enough paint in it I flip it over on top of the pot, seems to help
"I'm going to sacrifice my pyramid turtles"
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

Moss:"What operating system is it running?"
Bomb Technician:"Vista!"
Moss:"Where all going to die!"

Imp

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • ImpsCorner.com
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 06:59:54 PM »
i am a big fan of p3 paints.   Their metallics do leave some to be desired, they separate and dry up quickly.   the regular paint is amazing, i love their bright colors.   The Necrotite Green is perhaps my fav paint color out there
Children yet, the tale to hear, Eager eye and willing ear, Lovingly shall nestle near.  In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream?

shwnlyns

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 08:36:49 AM »
The bright colors is what I am most interested in and its sounding like I'm going to be giving them a go, thanks everyone for the info. Now just need to decide if I want bright blue or green marines, I grew tired of the dark angels green very quickly and want something more flashy.

Demonster

• Heroic Tier Level 3
  • So what're we playing today?
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 09:16:01 AM »
Go with hawt pink because there's nothing more manly than a hot pink army. ;D
I got a 1!....That's a good thing, right?

As quoted: Moonie, "What would you do for a Klondike Bar?" Cale, "I would make love to a camel. But it would have to be a mint chocolate chip one."

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 04:49:02 PM »
I've used there "pig iron" and "brass balls" metallics without any issue. I like how they aren't super thick like GW's plus you get more paint for slightly less money than GW's.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 09:20:51 PM by Pat.H »
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.