Author Topic: Escalation and Stronghold are launched!  (Read 15333 times)

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
Re: Escalation and Stronghold are launched!
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2013, 08:23:24 AM »
4 Storm Talons. 2 Storm Ravens. 1 Thunderhawk. All rolling onto the table at the same time. :3
I can't imagine it, because my Str D has killed everything else on Turn 1 and the game's over.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2013, 08:32:21 AM »
4 Storm Talons. 2 Storm Ravens. 1 Thunderhawk. All rolling onto the table at the same time. :3
I can't imagine it, because my Str D has killed everything else on Turn 1 and the game's over.

That would be physically impossible if the player has more then two starting units. Plus I believe that the Thunderhawk can start the game on the board with the Skyshield via Stronghold Assault.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2013, 08:38:28 AM »
You forgot to take Coteaz to help you go first.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #123 on: December 10, 2013, 10:12:44 AM »
Now we're talking ;)

andalucien

• God
« Reply #124 on: December 10, 2013, 12:07:32 PM »
I just want to say, I know that a lot of what I've been saying could be seen as negative or complaining, but I'm really mostly excited about these new supplements.  Superheavies are awesome, better building rules and huge forts are awesome.   I have had ONE negative thing to see in the enormous sea of excitement, which is that I suspect D weapons will lead to games that aren't fun.   Just me making a prediction.

However it turns out, I'll keep playin' to some extent (and will definitely keep paintin').  40k is for craziness right now.  When I want something non-crazy I'll try another game.  If folks embrace D weapons, I'll D up too.   
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2013, 12:47:24 PM »
I just want to say, I know that a lot of what I've been saying could be seen as negative or complaining, but I'm really mostly excited about these new supplements.  Superheavies are awesome, better building rules and huge forts are awesome.   I have had ONE negative thing to see in the enormous sea of excitement, which is that I suspect D weapons will lead to games that aren't fun.   Just me making a prediction.

However it turns out, I'll keep playin' to some extent (and will definitely keep paintin').  40k is for craziness right now.  When I want something non-crazy I'll try another game.  If folks embrace D weapons, I'll D up too.

Everyone wants the D.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2013, 01:00:03 PM »

Everyone wants the D.

Gross.
beep bop boop

Moosifer

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • Egotistical Co-Conspirator
« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2013, 01:33:21 PM »
Does this mean the Slaaneshi Titan gets to come out and play!?!?

andalucien

• God
« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2013, 01:36:53 PM »
Uh oh, that sounds kind of R-Rated... is it one of those giant Anime pinup models?
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Sam

• Global Moderator
  • Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #129 on: December 10, 2013, 06:52:48 PM »
I once ran a test battle of a Stompa versus 600 points of orks. Orks won in turn two. Damn thing didn't even explode properly.

Seth

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: December 10, 2013, 11:59:02 PM »
i alomost think they are going to do a bunch for everyone in plastic. maybe that is just wishing but the way things have been going i don't think so.
those who win every battle are not really skillful- those who render others' armies helpless without fighting are the best of all.  ~Master Sun Tzu