Author Topic: Battlefleet Gothic  (Read 5113 times)

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
Battlefleet Gothic
« on: December 13, 2013, 05:29:07 PM »
Hey all,

Long time no see for most of the people that aren't in the WM/H community with me.  I haven't visited the forums in quite some time.

I've recently started playing Battlefleet Gothic, GW's spaceship fighting game, again.  My usual opponent is John Caputo, someone some of you may have met during the Zombie Crawl or playing Flames of War.  I know a couple people have some ships packed away thinking they'll never play again, and some have seen it and think it's interesting.  I'd like to offer demo games to anyone interested.

BFG is, in my opinion, GW's most tactical game.  It really makes you feel like you're commanding massive spacefaring naval vessels, worrying about how they're moving and turning, where your weapons are firing, and dodging space debris.  From using a planet's gravity well to slingshot you in a different direction to firing massive salvos of torpedoes, the game has everything you'd expect.

If you have a fleet of your own, or want to try out a small game with one of my two fleets, I'd love to schedule a game.  It would be fun to have a few more people actively playing and taking part in this awesome game.

Abington is my regular store, and I'm there quite often.  So if I haven't met you yet, feel free to say hi!  If I have... still say hi, I guess.  Either way, let's play some games!

Rob
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

Battle-Bruvah Sillynoah

• Heroic Tier Level 5
  • Alfa Legion, 11th company
    • Email
Re: Battlefleet Gothic
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 04:38:30 PM »
I actually have been looking into BFG lately, but I don't want to buy an entire fleet before I learn if i like it or not. if we could schedule a demo, that would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:49:48 PM by Battle-Bruvah Sillynoah »
Club Affiliation: The Alfa Legion
Where I play: Abington

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 05:12:48 PM »
if i could find where I can get an Imperial or Space Marine fleet unpainted ide play.

Sam Butler

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 01:06:29 AM »
if i could find where I can get an Imperial or Space Marine fleet unpainted ide play.

shapeways.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 01:36:26 AM »
eh?

Sam Butler

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 02:54:36 PM »
eh?

There are 3d printed versions of most ships available if you dig a bit.

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 06:28:13 PM »
I actually have been looking into BFG lately, but I don't want to buy an entire fleet before I learn if i like it or not. if we could schedule a demo, that would be much appreciated.

Hey there. I'm likely going to be playing this Wednesday evening, probably around 7.  If you're available then and would like to come, we could plan a game where we split a fleet versus my regular opponent's (John Caputo) fleet.  I'll keep this post updated if anything changes, and let me know.  We'll be glad to show you how things work.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 07:22:52 PM »
I may be around im not sure. I couldnt find any of the 3D produced models as mentioned  :( looks like im gona have to use E-bay and will have better luck with a standard imperial fleet over a Marine one.

Sam Butler

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 08:02:51 PM »
I may be around im not sure. I couldnt find any of the 3D produced models as mentioned  :( looks like im gona have to use E-bay and will have better luck with a standard imperial fleet over a Marine one.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/grimdarkbits?section=Models+for+Games+Workshop%27s+Battlefleet+Gothic&s=12#more-products

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/Armand

google is your friend...

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 10:55:36 PM »
Those... don't look that great.  I mean I understand it should be expected, but I wouldn't use those if they were my only option.  I'd pick something that gave me better options.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 01:41:24 AM »
eh im not a fan..... i think I will still search on E-bay

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 06:35:38 PM »
Not sure if anyone was planning on being there, but the game tonight, Jan 15, is off. Next week we'll be having one, but of course I'm always up to schedule demo games.