Author Topic: So helloooooo everybody  (Read 1584 times)

andalucien

• God
So helloooooo everybody
« on: December 15, 2013, 05:21:36 PM »
Hi guys, nice to meet ya.   Some of you might see me posting all the time on the 40k side... anyway... I have now officially bought the Cyriss book, and a few models to go with it, and I'm keenly looking forward to trying them out sometime.  What's the warmachine situation at Battlegrounds these days?  Is there a regular (beginner friendly) day when people meet up for pick up games?    How often do tourneys happen, etc?
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
Re: So helloooooo everybody
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 05:31:38 PM »
Abington's WM/H community is extremely active these days. People are typically in the store on Mondays, Thursdays, and occasionally on the weekends. We have a lot of newer players and veterans starting new factions so its a great time to get involved. Beginning in January, the_trooper and I will be running a league that's a follow up to the successful escalation league we ran at the end of the summer.

Thursdays are certainly the biggest day of the week for the community. People begin showing up in the early afternoon and most stay until the store closes. There are loads of games but also people painting, modeling, and chatting about the game.

There isn't much of a demand for tournaments right now since so many are still wrapping their head around the rules and how their factions work, but I imagine that will change in time. Right now, the community is really enjoying getting to know the game and each other with league play.
beep bop boop

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 08:35:39 PM »
Ian pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Welcome! While you can pre arrange games, that doesnt seem to happen too often as the game allows for multiple games a night for each player once you get the rules down.  If you show up on a Thursday, you are pretty muxh guarenteed a game.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 08:58:37 PM »
Thanks guys :)   Sounds like a good time to be starting out.  Thursdays are tough for me right now but I'll see about making it up there on a Monday.  Also I'll be watching out for the league you're starting.   I'm very excited to try something new :)
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 09:03:11 PM »
Also, I must add, the fluff writing in the Cyriss book is quite engrossing.  I could see myself getting interested in the Iron Kingdoms world.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 09:12:50 PM »
Yeah, the fluff of the Iron Kindgoms is pretty deep and with each successive book release, gets even deeper and more complex.

If you have facebook, the Battleground Abington Warmachine / Hordes Group is really active.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/221527718008490/

As previously said, Thursdays are a given but other days pop up all the time. With people coming back from school, taking "suggested" vacation days and other openings, they post up there frequently when they know they are coming down or of any breaking WM information.