Author Topic: Dark Heresy: The End is Nigh  (Read 1301 times)

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
Dark Heresy: The End is Nigh
« on: June 27, 2009, 03:37:37 PM »
After today's session, there is one more session of my Dark Heresy game left before it ends.  And today's was quite the beginning to a finale. 

Moving through a cave heading deeper into the center of the dead planet they were on, the two inquisitors, remaining stormtroopers, and acolytes continued to encounter Flamers of Tzeentch hitting them with their warp flame.  They soon entered an unnatural room, with walls flickering in and out of existence revealing more flamers and what were discovered to be bound daemonhosts behind them.  The acolytes soon learned to shoot a volley of shots over the wall to damage the creatures as they fired back.  However the acolyte Wolf decided to see what happened if he walked through the wall.  He found himself in a place far off from anywhere he expected.  It was neither light nor dark, neither physical nor psychic.  This place was connected to the warp, and Wolf with his strong power of will avoided going insane by being there and managed to get himself back out.

The party continued down a slope, getting incredibly close to the center of the planet when they fell through an illusioned floor.  They found themselves in the center of a daemonic rune in a large hundred meter by hundred meter room.  Soon after they fell daemonhosts entered the room and began flying around them, leaving as quick as they entered.  Confused, the acolytes took their surroundings into account when another daemonhost entered.  This one, however, was not bound and released the full power of his psychic abilities at them.  The fates (and bad rolls) conspired against the party, however, as the daemonhost in a weakened state used the ability Time Fade to disappear for moments, and reappear above the entire group which got together to regroup and unleashed the incredible power of the Holocaust psychic ability, killing everybody.

However the fates also took pity on the party, as the Emperor decided it was not their time and gave them another chance at life.  The acolytes reappeared in the room with the flickering walls, took everything into account, and moved forward.  This time avoiding the death trap they fell into, coming ever so closer to fighting and killing The Burning One - their ultimate goal.

The final game will be July 18 and should prove to be an amazing fight for everyone.  After that Saturday mornings will be empty but I know some people want to run other Dark Heresy games.  Hopefully everybody in my group can make it.  If not, they can feel free to leave their character sheet and have somebody else control the character.  The more acolytes they have, the better their chances at killing The Burning One will be.  Good luck!
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

General Leevous

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
Re: Dark Heresy: The End is Nigh
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 08:27:24 PM »
they are killing ME?!?!?!?!?!?!
Run Run Run as Fast as You Can... You Cant Catch Me Im The GINGER!!!!

So sayeth the Ginger, FEAR the Ginger!

Opforce3

• God
    • Email
Re: Dark Heresy: The End is Nigh
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 12:12:48 PM »
GINGER! HUZZA!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Doin' what I can with what I got."
-Burt Gummer

6/4/11 NEVER FORGET