Author Topic: Take my planet.......Please.  (Read 2136 times)

cryptoron

• Epic Tier Level 24
Take my planet.......Please.
« on: July 16, 2009, 06:28:11 PM »
I'm looking to do a planet strike game (or three).  I think 4000 points looks good as defense or attack.  Any takers?
"A Thunderhawk full of Necrons...WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW!!!!!"

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
Re: Take my planet.......Please.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 02:31:22 AM »
I should get my schedule for the week tommorow. If i have a day that works i'm in
I do have a problem with Vulcan twin-linking every non-UltraMarine whatever-gun on the table.
Thank you for this Chase

tyranid warlord

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 06:59:55 PM »
Brandan and I are planning to be around a week from Sat. We don't know planet strike at all
but we would like to learn.

Dave and Brandan

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 12:48:57 AM »
Hi Dave and Brandan,

You'll find Planetstrike is like normal 40k, but with much more specialized forces.  You'll know if you're the attacker or defender before you make your list and can then make accordingly.  If you're the defender, your list will probably have a good amount of heavy choices (you're allowed up to 6 as defender, if I remember correctly) and good defences.  You get to choose how you set up the board as defender, and can put as much or as little cover on as you want.  You put the bunkers, the bastions, the trenches, everything to your liking.

As attacker, your troops will most likely be fast moving and strong striking.  As an example, for my Space Marines as attacker everything was in Rhinos or had jump packs, everything that had melta bombs could (bastions are armour 14 all around, had to do it somehow).  I had power fists, etc. up the wazoo.  You get the idea.

You also get strategems, like Apocalypse, based on whether you're the attacker or defender.  There are currently some glaring problems with the rules, favouring the attacker heavily.  But a fair amount of house ruling has solved some, whether or not it is used in your game.  It's a fun time, giving a much different feel to the game than your standard battleline game.
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 03:34:57 AM »
Ron, looking like i have tuesday free
I do have a problem with Vulcan twin-linking every non-UltraMarine whatever-gun on the table.
Thank you for this Chase

cryptoron

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 10:29:02 AM »
What time can you be there, and would you like to attack or defend?

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 11:01:25 AM »
what did you think of planet strike Ron?? and who won your game?? from the looks of it, it seemed pretty close.

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 10:08:43 PM »
what did you think of planet strike Ron?? and who won your game?? from the looks of it, it seemed pretty close.

in my game agenst Ron, it was very close but I lost because I completely forgot to capture the bunker in the center.

cryptoron

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 12:16:22 AM »
Had he had one more turn he would have won.  Though there is basically one way to win at planetstrike, capturing objectives, against Necrons there is still phase out (hopefully until the next codex).  Brian seemed to be more concentrating on killing off enough for phase out rather than going after the bunker.  He also may have paid a little too much attention to the monoliths when he could have been using the dreads to take down troops.  But they ARE hard to ignore.  All in all I think the game was pretty balanced and fun.

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 11:06:27 PM »
its more fun knocking down necrons than captureing objectives