Author Topic: Have we finally achieved the Ultimate Facepalm?  (Read 1607 times)

andalucien

• God
Have we finally achieved the Ultimate Facepalm?
« on: March 03, 2014, 06:03:56 PM »
So, GW came out with Codex: Legion of the Damned, which supports 1 unit  - Legion of the Damned!  It lets you ally your primary force org Legion of the Damned with an allied Legion of the Damned for even more Legion of the Damned!

Unfortunately, if you do this, you automatically lose on the first turn, since all Legion of the Damned must start in reserve!

* Asterix Asterix Asterix *
I have not actually read this codex... just a couple of rules summaries!  Nobody mentions a change that enables the LoTD to start on the board... so maybe it's there, just not mentioned...
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Battle-Bruvah Sillynoah

• Heroic Tier Level 5
  • Alfa Legion, 11th company
    • Email
Re: Have we finally achieved the Ultimate Facepalm?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 09:45:54 PM »

take notice of how the eyes are spread as far as possible (and then some).
if GW isn't gonna' try, neither am I.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 06:51:56 AM by Battle-Bruvah Sillynoah »
Club Affiliation: The Alfa Legion
Where I play: Abington

Imp

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • ImpsCorner.com
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 10:49:14 PM »
you can use the rules for legion of the damned detachments present here in order to include legion of the damned when using the rules for choosing your army in the Warhammer 40K rulebook.

When you choose an army, the legion of the damned as a primary detachment, use the legion of the damned force org chart.  Alternatively, an army may include a legion of the damned detachment in addtion to any other detachment.  Other detachments such as allied detachments, additional primary detachments and fortifactions can be taking normally.  So, for example, you can field an amry with a blood angels primary detachment, an allied detachment of imperial guard and a legion of the damned detachment.  You can include two legion of the damned detachments in your army if you wish, but one of these must be the army's primary detachment. 

Children yet, the tale to hear, Eager eye and willing ear, Lovingly shall nestle near.  In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream?

andalucien

• God
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 12:18:20 PM »
you can use the rules for legion of the damned detachments present here in order to include legion of the damned when using the rules for choosing your army in the Warhammer 40K rulebook.

When you choose an army, the legion of the damned as a primary detachment, use the legion of the damned force org chart.  Alternatively, an army may include a legion of the damned detachment in addtion to any other detachment.  Other detachments such as allied detachments, additional primary detachments and fortifactions can be taking normally.  So, for example, you can field an amry with a blood angels primary detachment, an allied detachment of imperial guard and a legion of the damned detachment.  You can include two legion of the damned detachments in your army if you wish, but one of these must be the army's primary detachment. 

Did you mean to include something else here?  It says "You can include two legion of the damned detachments in your army if you wish, but one of these must be the army's primary detachment.".... so if you do that you automacally die turn 1.  (Unless there's some sort of rules change on LoTD which allows them to start on the table).
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 01:27:36 PM »
All kinds of quote success here  ;)
beep bop boop

Imp

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • ImpsCorner.com
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 02:32:12 PM »
you said you hadnt read the codex and was summarising, so i was just putting the rules as written in the codex incase the way written would change anything
Children yet, the tale to hear, Eager eye and willing ear, Lovingly shall nestle near.  In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream?

andalucien

• God
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 03:50:31 PM »
ahh, thanks imp.  Yep looks like we have in fact achieved Ultimate Facepalm