Author Topic: New faq's up  (Read 5009 times)

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
Re: New faq's up
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 04:25:26 PM »
Some weird implications from the nid FAQ.... or they are just lazy....

AstartesXXVI

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 04:57:29 PM »
Not surprising, but I doubt it will be as bad as people say. Those guys are not hard to kill and they have a really good shooting attack that will be competing for those warp charges. You can spawn all the Pink Horrors in the world, they aren't going to amount to much if they aren't shooting anything.

But can't the horrors also summon daemonettes/plaguebearers (or screamers, herald, bloodthirster, etc if they roll the right power)?   

If the daemon psykers just sit around all game doing nothing but summoning, sure, that doesn't seem very effective... but you could always just spend turn 1 doubling the army's size, then start killing stuff on turn 2 (or 3, whatever).   

Nobody really knows till we try I guess :)
I'm sure lots of people will use pennies or poker chips and spawn hundreds of "models" ... realistically, there will be a few "TFG's" that actually buy a hundred extra Daemon models but I don't really foresee it being as effective as people think. Mostly because conjured units have to deep strike on the table within the power's range, and a mishap is pretty likely as things get more and more crowded. Not to mention miscasts, etc.
"Really, the entire game is 'Opponent's Permission' if you think about it..."

shwnlyns

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2014, 06:34:11 PM »
I'm sure lots of people will use pennies or poker chips and spawn hundreds of "models" ... realistically, there will be a few "TFG's" that actually buy a hundred extra Daemon models but I don't really foresee it being as effective as people think. Mostly because conjured units have to deep strike on the table within the power's range, and a mishap is pretty likely as things get more and more crowded. Not to mention miscasts, etc.

it's a free unit, if it mishaps so be, its not like your 500 points of terminators are gone forever. And if the table is getting more and more crowded, you probably already summoned many a deamon.

I never enjoyed playing a death star but, this is almost too insane not to at least proxy for a casual game or two.

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2014, 06:51:13 PM »
This thing has been hit with a lot of the new edition changes, I expect to see it vanish from a lot of lists.It is still good but I think people might decide against it more often in the future. Daemon allies in its place could do a lot more with the 170 points.

I will still field 3, because with the new vehicle rules it's going to be hard to take out, and it will still kill pretty much anything it touches.

I play demons for fantasy.  I have quite a few extra models.  And demon's do not scatter if they are summoned within range of a banner in a unit with the same mark.
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2014, 09:37:08 PM »
I very much doubt that Blood Angels/Space Wolves/Orks(or any army) will ever see codex specific powers ever again. Through the years, GW has centralized more and more rules to the main rulebook.. which makes updates a lot easier. Also, if you look at the Grey Knight FAQs, most psyker units have very specific Santic powers( they don't roll on the chart, they just automatically know them). This leads me to beleive that this will be exactly how it will be worded when the new codex eventually comes out. This is also the reason I think Ork players shouldn't hold their breath for "Gork/Mork" powers when the new book is released.

However fear not, I assume Ork psykers are cheap.. and they really don't care about blowing up anyways. Tis the Orky way  ;)

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2014, 10:18:07 PM »
I very much doubt that Blood Angels/Space Wolves/Orks(or any army) will ever see codex specific powers ever again. Through the years, GW has centralized more and more rules to the main rulebook.. which makes updates a lot easier. Also, if you look at the Grey Knight FAQs, most psyker units have very specific Santic powers( they don't roll on the chart, they just automatically know them). This leads me to beleive that this will be exactly how it will be worded when the new codex eventually comes out. This is also the reason I think Ork players shouldn't hold their breath for "Gork/Mork" powers when the new book is released.

However fear not, I assume Ork psykers are cheap.. and they really don't care about blowing up anyways. Tis the Orky way  ;)

Ork Psykers are only 55 points a model and now there's no point in paying the extra 30 for the Warphead upgrade. And there's rumours of there being grot psykers called wierdlings which I assume would be even cheaper. Plus it lets you do stuff like Looted Great Unclean One, Boar Boyz of Khorne, grot flesh hound riders, Herald of Mork etc.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2014, 12:13:16 AM »
Ork Psykers are only 55 points a model and now there's no point in paying the extra 30 for the Warphead upgrade. And there's rumours of there being grot psykers called wierdlings which I assume would be even cheaper. Plus it lets you do stuff like Looted Great Unclean One, Boar Boyz of Khorne, grot flesh hound riders, Herald of Mork etc.

Warphead was FAQed out.  If I remember correctly, they added in a point buy for lvl2 psyker...of course the FAQ does not really matter since the new codex is coming.

Although, not too thrilled with the overpriced (gamewise) and very slow big walker that has been spoiled from the new WD.  Just hoping my new codex is not just going to be a way for the SM/Eldar/Tau to "forge their narrative" at the expense of my army.
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth