Author Topic: New faq's up  (Read 5010 times)

andalucien

• God
New faq's up
« on: May 27, 2014, 01:27:21 PM »
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
Re: New faq's up
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 01:38:00 PM »
Wow...Orks only generate from Demonology right now...now more head explosions.  Oh well, the new codex comes out so, so the FAQ doesn't really matter for the boyz in green.

Nooooo, they got rid of Zogwort's curse....
not that I ever used it, but it was so cool

But...sort of predictable up to lvl 2 psykers is kind of neat.

The new codex will be interesting since they FAQ'ed out Waaaagh on a few elite units.

Also, exhaust cloud was not changed to a jinx save for warbikers, so there is hope that that rule is going to stay for the bikes (and my new Nob bikers I have been building).
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 01:44:18 PM by Mad Dok Robert »
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 02:01:49 PM »
Did you happen to notice page 2 where it said Da big boss, Da bike boss and Da big Dok? GW may have inadverytantly revealed siome new ork2 units. Also I'm perfectly ok with Orks only having Demonology.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 02:05:02 PM by Pat.H »
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 02:10:47 PM »
Hey look, Horrors can know demonology.

FUNNY THAT.
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 02:17:49 PM »
Hey look, Horrors can know demonology.

FUNNY THAT.

We were hoping they'd get changed for the worse, right?
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

AstartesXXVI

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 02:20:18 PM »
Not surprising, but I doubt it will be as bad as people say. Those guys are not hard to kill and they have a really good shooting attack that will be competing for those warp charges. You can spawn all the Pink Horrors in the world, they aren't going to amount to much if they aren't shooting anything.
"Really, the entire game is 'Opponent's Permission' if you think about it..."

Zaroth

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 02:43:58 PM »
As a blood angel and space wolf player I am not happy.  Neither army can use the psychic powers in their codex.  No more winged mephiston or JoWW.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 02:47:04 PM »
As a blood angel and space wolf player I am not happy.  Neither army can use the psychic powers in their codex.  No more winged mephiston or JoWW.

This is surprising and sort of promising, especially the JotWW thing.  The stance GW has taken lately (last 5 or so years) is that it's okay with units being removed from the game (JotWW, WHFB magic, and Str D).  The fact that it's not allowed, at least until the new codex gets here, is cool.

Course it sucks for people playing those armies, I suppose.

Zaroth

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 02:50:41 PM »
Also noticed that all BA fast vehicles lost fast, other than the Baal.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 02:55:42 PM »
HUGE change to the Heldrake.
beep bop boop

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 03:05:11 PM »

I noticed that too.

Can the template still be positioned in whatever way people would like, or does it have to follow the direction of the barrel?  Either way, it's a huge change.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 03:21:50 PM »

I noticed that too.

Can the template still be positioned in whatever way people would like, or does it have to follow the direction of the barrel?  Either way, it's a huge change.

45 degrees tiltability, right?   (I.e. the way everyone played it before the dumb FAQ last edition)
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

AstartesXXVI

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2014, 03:25:30 PM »
It has a certain arc in front of it to fire on (I don't have the book on hand so I don't know the full details). If I am remembering right, it is a significant change because it will make it unable to fire behind itself, which it could do in all its' previous incarnations.

This thing has been hit with a lot of the new edition changes, I expect to see it vanish from a lot of lists.It is still good but I think people might decide against it more often in the future. Daemon allies in its place could do a lot more with the 170 points.
"Really, the entire game is 'Opponent's Permission' if you think about it..."

andalucien

• God
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2014, 03:32:53 PM »
Not surprising, but I doubt it will be as bad as people say. Those guys are not hard to kill and they have a really good shooting attack that will be competing for those warp charges. You can spawn all the Pink Horrors in the world, they aren't going to amount to much if they aren't shooting anything.

But can't the horrors also summon daemonettes/plaguebearers (or screamers, herald, bloodthirster, etc if they roll the right power)?   

If the daemon psykers just sit around all game doing nothing but summoning, sure, that doesn't seem very effective... but you could always just spend turn 1 doubling the army's size, then start killing stuff on turn 2 (or 3, whatever).   

Nobody really knows till we try I guess :)

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 03:35:23 PM »
Did you happen to notice page 2 where it said Da big boss, Da bike boss and Da big Dok? GW may have inadverytantly revealed siome new ork2 units. Also I'm perfectly ok with Orks only having Demonology.

Yes I did notice that and I eagerly await our new GW overlords.

Still think Orks will get their own powers (especially since Demonolgy is so dangerous for non-Demons) and I have heard plenty of rumours of a Gork and Mork table so I am still hoping for Orky goodness from that.
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth