Author Topic: lords of war, how will they be handled now?  (Read 2942 times)

Mike D

lords of war, how will they be handled now?
« on: May 14, 2015, 09:25:43 PM »
I wanted to start a new thread to discuss Lords of war now that the Eldar have a nasty one right in there codex and all knights are now considered Lords of War.  on another note thank you all for the great reviews on my  "Legion of the Damned" Knights on face book.

MM3791

• God
Re: lords of war, how will they be handled now?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 10:24:00 PM »
Well I'll just add that the wraithknight is no longer a monsterous creature anymore, it is now a gargantuan creature.

Grandmaster Steve

• God
  • No whining, just fun games this is how I play
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 10:58:01 PM »
Personally I can deal with Lords of War. I see it as risking putting eggs all in one basket. If it gets killed there is not much left. The first time I fought a warlord titan back in the day I blew it up with a Land Speeder and a Multi Melta and the guy using it rage quit. If you want to be "that guy" and ruin fun expect people to rate your sportsman ship low in tournaments.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 10:23:50 AM »
Good ol' fashioned heavy weapons will kill a LOW, melta and haywire are really good choices. As already noted, these models will take up a giant chuck of an army, and is putting a lot of eggs in one basket. Also note that D weapons have changed, they don't automatically ignore invulnerable saves anymore.. you gotta roll on the D chart first.

Mike D

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 12:51:50 PM »
I just reread what I posted and need to clarify, I meant to ask how are these units going to be allowed in future tournament play here at battlegrounds as currently only character Lords are allowed and I was hoping to open up discussion by the unity so that Chase and Sam could get a feel for what the community wants before the next event

Dan Bunker

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 05:07:08 PM »
There is a discussion happening on this topic on the facebook community group. This is going to end ugly either way. Of course people who never play in BG's events but troll the forums will give their two cents and possibly effect the game play of everyone who actually shows up to the events.

That One Guy

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 07:03:07 PM »
I thought that non character LOW choices were just banned across the board. If the Wraithknight brings a change to this, people are going to be upset because that has been the rule so far. If it doesn't change, people are going to be upset that they can't use the three Wraithknights they were bringing last month. It's a can of worms. I don't think there should be a change to the rule, because what's to stop me from bringing a Baneblade at that point, or the Dimacharon or whatever that things name is, it's a problem.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 09:12:45 PM »
Lords of War are no longer 0-1 in the traditional sense, because there are detachment rules that override the CAD.

Multiple Wraithknights can still be taken. The Avatar is now a LOW, but is no longer unique. Last weekend I played a game with 3 Avatars of Khaine because the "Living Legends" detachment allows me to.

Point is the rules and especially the Detachments evolve so quick that it will be tough to ban certain items. I guarantee when the Tau are redone the Riptide will also become a LOW, but will also have a detachment that allows more the one. I'd also bet the Riptide will get D weapons, that's just the direction the game is headed.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 09:26:03 PM by MM3791 »

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 11:10:32 AM »
Lords of War are no longer 0-1 in the traditional sense, because there are detachment rules that override the CAD.

Multiple Wraithknights can still be taken. The Avatar is now a LOW, but is no longer unique. Last weekend I played a game with 3 Avatars of Khaine because the "Living Legends" detachment allows me to.

Point is the rules and especially the Detachments evolve so quick that it will be tough to ban certain items. I guarantee when the Tau are redone the Riptide will also become a LOW, but will also have a detachment that allows more the one. I'd also bet the Riptide will get D weapons, that's just the direction the game is headed.

Didn't Wraitguards get D weapons also?
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

MM3791

• God
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 03:30:51 PM »
Correct, Wraithguard also have D weapons too. They can choose between the "12 Wraithcannon or swap for the template D Scythe. There are 5 ranged D weapons in the Craftworld codex.

Wraithguard: Wraithcannons or D Scythes
Wraithknight: Heavy Wraithcannon
Hemlock wraithfighter flyer: Heavy D Scythes
Vaul Battery: D Cannon

Note that the D Scythe is a watered down version of the standard D weapons, they always subtract 1 on the D chart, therefore the target will always get an invulnerable save. Also D Scythes fail on a 1-2, as opposed to just 1.

Wraithknights can get a melee D weapon, but they have to give up a heavy wraithcannon first.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 03:32:22 PM by MM3791 »