Author Topic: Introducing the Galactic Cup Seasonal League!  (Read 2879 times)

commanderfrost

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • X-Wing Community Thread!
    • Email
Introducing the Galactic Cup Seasonal League!
« on: June 20, 2015, 03:39:36 PM »
Introducing the X-Wing Seasonal League!

The Battleground Thursday night tournaments have been a tremendous success, and now we have a way to reward your success and attendance over the course of a season!

With each League Night X-Wing event, we will tally how many Wins, Modified Wins, Ties, and Losses a player has, and a player will earn points based on their record. These points will be  tracked over the course of the season. The player with the most points at the end of a season wins!

How does it all work?
The first and third Thursday of every month, we will continue to have League Tournament nights. Each League night players will earn League points based on the following criteria:

Loss = 1 point
Tie = 1 point
Modified Win = 2 points
Match Win = 3 points
BYE = 3 points

Each League Season will run for three months (6 total game nights)
The planned season breakdown is as follows, however it is subject to change:

Winter Season:January-February-March (The Hoth Cup)
Spring Season: April-May-June (The Cloud City Cup)
Summer Season: July-August-September (The Tatooine Cup)
Fall Season: October-November-December  (The Endor Cup)

As game nights are finished, all participants will have their scores/record recorded on a tracking spreadsheet. This sheet will be updated and made available to be viewed. We will also post the standings each game night.

On the final game night of the league season, we will announce the winner and award prizes.

How do the prizes work?

Thursday Night League tournaments will see minimal changes. The entry fee will remain $5.00. We will still be handing out Seasonal Prizes from the Fantasy Flight game night kits. Players that are only able to attend an occasional Thursday night should see no difference.

A portion of the Thursday night entry fee will be put towards the League Season’s prize pool. The League Season is one more chance to win prizes from the Game Night kits. In addition to this, the winner’s name will be recorded on the League Trophy. 100% of the funds put into the league will be put back out to the players in the form of prizes / support.

The Golden Hutt!
In addition to our regular prizes, we will have “The Golden Hutt”, a trophy that will remain at Battleground. This trophy will have winners names added to it at the end of each season.

Link to the League Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/960239943997785/

Have a question? Ask away!!
Be the positive change you want to see.

commanderfrost

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
Re: Introducing the Galactic Cup Seasonal League!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 03:55:46 PM »
FAQ - Episode 1!

-------------------
Q: If I wanted to game this system I would avoid good players and play only people I know I can beat. :Harumph!:

A: Players do not get to choose their opponents. The pairings are done by random swiss on a week by week basis. Cryodex does all of the work for us.

-------------------

Q: Who is tracking the league, and our progress, and how?

A: Brian Frost (that's me!) will be tracking this via a Google Spreadsheet That is set up in advance. The spreadsheet will be made available to be viewed via it’s own web site (right here!) and BG forum post. The sheet will also be made available to be viewed in a paper format on game nights.

-------------------

Q: What happens at the end of a season, if there is a tie?

A: In the event of a points total tie, the player with more days attended is the first tiebreaker. In the event that these values are even, we will have a playoff game.

-------------------

Q: Is there an additional cost for the league?

A: No. Your $5 entry fee will go towards supporting the league. The Thursday night payout will be slightly less overall as a result, but 100% of the money all go to the league prizes and support.

-------------------
Q: I cannot make it on "X" Game night due to "X" reason - can I play a make up match?

A: No. The league will require you to be there on a designated game night to play other members of the community that have also signed up for the evening.

-------------------

Ron olivier

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 12:54:29 AM »
I'll take a guess that this starts the first Thursday in July?

Erich

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 12:03:06 PM »
Yes, the first night for the League is on 7/2.

Hope you can make it out.

commanderfrost

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 06:49:46 PM »

Ron olivier

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 09:24:43 AM »
Got the OK to do the league!

commanderfrost

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 09:32:48 AM »
Woo Hoo! Glad to have you on board!