Author Topic: Fold Away Gaming Table!!! Here is how I did it!  (Read 1362 times)

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Strategic Command Wargaming Club
    • Email
Fold Away Gaming Table!!! Here is how I did it!
« on: September 27, 2009, 02:14:04 PM »
So I just stated my very own gaming club (Strategic Command) since there are no hobby stores that do 40k or miniature war gaming within a 45min (1 way) drive of my house. So I now need a place to play. I need a table that I can store away after use and is durable enough that it would look like garbage after only a few uses...

I went to Home Depot and bought:

2:  1-3/8" HC 24" X 80" Flush Hardwood (No-Bore!!) Doors
2:  6-1/2" Door Pulls
2:  2-1/2" Rotating Post Safety Hasps
1:  1-1/2" 72" Continual Hinge
2:  Collapsible / Expandable Plastic Saw Horses

Total Cost:  $95

First I took the doors and laid them down on the sawhorses and lined them up so they would be flush.

Then I centered the Continual hinge and screwed it in.

Next I attached the Door Pulls in the center of the tables on the edges. This makes a Nice carrying handle that supports the table.

Finally I attached the Rotating Post Safety Hasp so that when the table was folded it would be latched together 

TADA!!!

All you need now is so pink foam insulation 24x80 and you slide them together with the tongue and groove.

So what do you think?
Strategic Command Wargaming Club
Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
Re: Fold Away Gaming Table!!! Here is how I did it!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 07:02:49 PM »
Looks good and pretty nice idea for a table.  I just went the 2x3 foot slabs that I stow behind the living room couch.  I had the intent to be able to transport it via car if I wanted to but mine also requires a stable surface underneath.

Jonathan

• God
  • Of what should I be God?
    • CWF Game Cast
Re: Fold Away Gaming Table!!! Here is how I did it!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 02:07:00 PM »
That is one nice looking table.  It'll be fun to play on.  Good job!
You game. I blog. CWF Game Cast | www.wargamingforums.com

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."-Sherlock Holmes