Author Topic: new ebberon campaign  (Read 8906 times)

gladiator7907

• Heroic Tier Level 2
Re: new ebberon campaign
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2009, 05:33:58 PM »
you guys need to relax i dont really get how i worded things so bad but i certainly never thought i was better than anyone. so lets just have a relaxing fun game of dnd together and be buds. i may seem a lil out for blood but im not at all trying to be elitist. i apologize to anyone if offended them but it was never my intent to. so to keep things moving on, i was wondering whether the game would be this week (since wed go over all the problem holidays) but isnt josh on a vacation or at the convention? im game for either for now and so is rick. only thing coming in my way is explorers of the sky which is addictive:)

skavengear

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 09:01:37 PM »
btw if anyone has any of the mystery dungeon games, i have 8 sky gifts which you can only give to people, so if you want cool unlockables, let me know  ;D as far as characters go im not so sure anymore... i made abuild for each archtype and will decide the first game. ive got:
     drow artful dodger rogue
     dragonborn bravura warlord
     kalashtar defender paladin
     elf predator druid
im not posting to show any superiority just to give ideas for people who still have no ideas. im just happy to be playing in ebberon finally  :o

Guu

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 12:10:15 PM »
Wow.  It seems I missed some real excitement in the thread.  I guess everyone said their peace and an understanding was reached, so I hope there's no bad blood when we sit down to play. 

Now, to keep the thread rolling:

I don't think most people are able to play on the other Friday.  (Steve at least does something else on the off week, I'm pretty sure.)  I don't know about AJ or anyone else, but logistically it will be difficult to get everyone together tomorrow.

Besides, I'm not quite ready yet...I just got back to town.

In creating a character, you'll want to think mostly about what your character did in the last war.  For folks who have lots of knowledge of the setting, you can get as detailed as you want to.  If you don't know much about the setting, here are a few ideas:

• You could have been a soldier for one of the nations!
  • You could have been a spy (or double agent)!
  • You could have been a freelance mercenary or adventurer who had shifting allegiances through the war.
  • Anything else you can come up with that a person would do in a war...just make sure it's something that gets you into the action!  Field medics or commanding officers are good, merchants or quartermasters maybe not good.

jbkilroy

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 02:22:10 PM »
Are you implying that quatermasters have no place in war?  Do you think that food grows on trees? 

...well, some food does, but not all food!!

And what about weapns?  Other than bows, arrows, spears, staves, and clubs, can you make any weapons out of a tree??

It's decided.  All of my characters will be quartermasters who hate trees.   ;D
"Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere"

Guu

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 02:57:24 PM »
No, I'm saying quartermasters aren't really drawn into the action.

"You five dudes...here's your mission!  Get ye forth to yon enemy encampment and whoopeth them up!  Oh ye great warrior of the quarter master...prepareth the hot chocolateth for yon brave dudes' return!"

Kinda hard to justify a quartermaster putting himself in harm's way.  In other words, you can expect the opening of our adventure prologue to involve you getting an assignment to go do something military.

gladiator7907

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2009, 10:28:03 PM »
hey josh (this will decide my character) the primal pwer swarm druid says that i reduce damage by melee and ranged attacks by my con mod, a power also says as effect i take half damage from attacks till end of next turn. do these stack (reducing damage to half-con)? if so how does a druid belong to karrnath? a druid in the middle of all that?! hopefully all is at peace i like billy and steve and i wouldnt want any bad blood. if the reduction doesnt stack im lost again as pp has many awesome builds and can be bought at your local hobbystore such as battlegrounds : )

cursedchidori

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2009, 02:48:44 AM »
josh just remember if their is blood at least we have glue to seal the wounds with. :o) but on a serious note idk still having a hard time deciding what toon i think ill just leave it up to spot fill at the end of it, want to play them all.

skavengear

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2009, 09:50:29 AM »
i think everyone who was at the store last night saw primal power and went "ooh primal power, BUY IT"  :D its a really interesting book. especially the new barbarian builds since i think half the group made a barbarian haha. if my druid gets to shrug away the damage like i read it im playing druid. ive never actually been a controller type before should be nifty. of course if im out of place in the group ill just play something different  ;D

Guu

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2009, 10:44:11 AM »
I'd have to see the primal power book to make a ruling on it.  My guess is that there's a druid build now that severely limits incoming damage...I always saw that as the biggest drawback of the class.

I probably won't pick up a copy of primal power until next month, so...

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2009, 05:12:53 PM »
ROAR!!!! i have finaly visited the forums ;D

now after reading eveyones post, im here to say, not only steve, but i as well can only play on the current friday we have been doing it on. On the off fridays i have to work till midnight so yeah, please no switching, it will be a HUGE pain in my butt to try to change it.(again)

And yes someone play cleric, because, nothing agaisnt you dave one character whos not fully commited to healing wont be enough for a group of 6 players. Temps are ok, but they dont stack and you dont give out as much as a heal can. Also forget what i said about playing cleric because Shaman and warlord work as well.

^_^ and be warned all, im playing a beast companion ranger and im going to be very aggresive in combat and rp. I will post my character and pets stats tonight after i get out of work
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2009, 03:31:30 AM »
Long tooth shifter

STR 18=+4
Con 12=+1
DEX 14=+2
INT 11=+0
WIS 16=+3
CHA 8 =-1

HP 29
BL 14
SV 7
Surges-7

AC    15
Fort  15
Ref   13
Will  13

Attack +7

Feats
from class-toughness
Two weapon fighting

Skills
Perception  8
Nature      8
Endurance   8
Athletics   11
steath      7

Gear
Hide armor
Long sword
Short sword
Standard kit
35 gold

Drake
Str 16
Con 14
Dex 16
Int 6
wis 12
cha 6

HP 22
BL 11
SV 5
Surges 2

AC   16
Fort 13
ref  13
will 11

Attack +5

Athletics 8
Endurance 7
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1

gladiator7907

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2009, 11:56:47 AM »
now that primal powers out i regret saying id do leader... if theres no super healer cleric in the group ill stick to my word and p
ay a bravura warlord, otherwise my druid or paladin based on joshs decision on the damage id take.

Guu

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2009, 12:44:10 PM »
People can play whatever they want.  There's no big pressure to conform to the standard group dynamics.

Things will go smoother if all the roles are represented, however.  Particularly the leader+defender+striker trinity.

gladiator7907

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2009, 11:12:15 PM »
if i made an ardent paladin isnt that technically two roles (striker and defender) hm... methinks there are more doors in need of smashing : D plus i kinda wana see how awesome this super healer cleric is (ive never been in a 4th ed group with one) :)

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2009, 02:20:41 AM »
Super healer cleric is awsome, but you have to sacrafice doing damage for super healing
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1