Author Topic: Warmachine League  (Read 1720 times)

Paul Calder

• Email
Warmachine League
« on: November 22, 2009, 10:13:17 PM »
Does anyone know any information about the League coming up?

I was thinking about starting a new army and wanted to get a jump on it...
"All Hail the Flying Spaghetti Monster"...rAmen

DragonKnight

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
Re: Warmachine League
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 06:18:35 PM »
I don't know of any league however I am starting the new Retribution.  I would like to play in a league.
You're putting words in my mouth and creating false scenarios.

You'll get "real answers" when you recognize your fallacies, however, they won't be from me. Enjoy your Internet tough guy routine. - Ian

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 05:51:43 PM »
On the topic of a league.

I am not sure how to start one up for this particular game.  My first instinct would be to suggest starting at the 350 pt level.  That is a little more than the battle boxes end up costing, but still a player can compete with just the box at that level.  More so if we restrict the first few weeks to just Tooth and Claw/Mangled Metal, which is basically beasts/jacks and the caster.  We can find a happy way to increase game sizes after that but we would need to get a realistic feel for the player base interested in involving themselves before we proceeding.   As with everything I would think we are fairly safe running with at least 6 people.

So anyone interested post up here.  Also post if Thursday is a good day for you.  If not we'd need to find a more suitable date to hold this.

As for running MKII I would think that an option but it would mean that players with hordes could not participate.  And since MKII is not offical till January sometime I would think that we would be ok not using that rule set yet.

dguillory

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 09:40:35 PM »
Hey Kevin and Paul,

I will be there on Thursday with my Khador Battlegroup. You have 3rd person for the league if you want to try to fire one up.  It probably will be a little tough with the holidays in the coming weeks but it might work if it is a casual league.  We can try something more serious in January.

D.G.

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 10:21:42 AM »
Tooth and Claw is perfectly fine by me :) and yea if it's MKII rules I'm not able to play yet til my playtest rules come out.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 06:10:58 PM »
Honestly, I think any form of league would have to be formed after the major holidays coming up.

Paul Calder

• Email
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 05:31:37 AM »
I'd just like to play a game.  I can hear the Butcher stirring around in the middle of the night.  He's getting anxious and all he wants to do is turn your Jacks into heaping piles of scrap.  Warbeasts are welcome too.
"All Hail the Flying Spaghetti Monster"...rAmen