Author Topic: Stuff I Have Been Painting  (Read 3593 times)

Jonathan

• God
  • Of what should I be God?
    • CWF Game Cast
Re: Stuff I Have Been Painting
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2010, 01:56:37 AM »
I tend to have some Sinatra, Dean Martin, or DMB (maybe some Wizard Rock) going.  It can be tough to find music that is interesting but not distracting while also setting the right mood.
You game. I blog. CWF Game Cast | www.wargamingforums.com

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."-Sherlock Holmes

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 11:02:30 AM »
I like Beethoven.  I have all 5 of his pieces on my iTunes, and I usually start with that, before switching over to my George Carlin and Dennis Leary comedy tour collections.

And while my approach to painting is similar to Dave's (in that I start on one group of similar looking models, and do one coat at a time with each model before moving to the next color), I find that it helps if you vary up your paint scheme's a bit.  Do something different with each model, to break up whatever monotony you might be feeling, or switch to working on a vehicle, and alternate between Infantry models.  And while patience is one of my strongest virtues, I too have felt the burnout of painting.  (Serves me right though, for buying so much at once in the beginning :P)  Your paint jobs so far look really good though.  Best of luck with finishing your stuff!
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

skavengear

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 07:55:11 PM »
Now that Ive gotten better at painting, i cannot put down a model until it is 100% finished (except for the wash and then highlihts) try laying on your stomach in bed and painting i find it to be easier to get details