Author Topic: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Tuesday 40k  (Read 301111 times)

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
Re: Plainville's Unofficial Thursday 40k
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2011, 12:06:05 PM »
 You should come down to one of these nights Paul. They play the game is a different style then up north, crazy what a 40min drive can do.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2011, 04:03:24 PM »
I'm confirming this Thursday no one from my group of friends, including myself, will be able to make it. They're all recovering from 18+ hours of 40k at TempleCon this past Saturday alone, and some have to make up the time to their wives. (Suckers!)

Thursday the 17th should be a grand revival. Anyone new/infrequent can find opponents to practice against your 1850 list for the Singles Tournament on the 19th! (Especially if you schedule in this thread.)

Wes

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2011, 05:07:42 PM »
I'm confirming this Thursday no one from my group of friends, including myself, will be able to make it. They're all recovering from 18+ hours of 40k at TempleCon this past Saturday alone, and some have to make up the time to their wives. (Suckers!)

Thursday the 17th should be a grand revival. Anyone new/infrequent can find opponents to practice against your 1850 list for the Singles Tournament on the 19th! (Especially if you schedule in this thread.)

Im coming for sure this week. Need to play against a race that every unit doesn't end in gaunt, gon, or osaurus. I can only roll so many sixes to wound. ( And only one nightbringer to behead everything )

DarkAngelsGuy

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2011, 10:02:45 AM »
Small 40k crowd tonight, but Ed and I met Brian and I got to thank Mike for his part in returning my wandering rulebook to me. After Ed destroyed my Noise Marine list with Daemons in amazingly quick fashion, we put our Daemon armies together in a 4000 point showdown against the new Dark Angels. My first time running Daemons and it was very educational. Despite me being on the wrong end of two lopsided games, I had quite a bit of fun. Props to Matt for keeping the store open a bit later than usual. :D

20 Pink Horrors - 57 Str 4 AP 4 shots, plus 1 Str 8 AP 1 shot. That vs. Samiel, and he's like "B**** please! My squad will take no wounds from that!"

Breath of Chaos = "Oh, you didn't know??"

Two bottles of hot water will unfreeze car door locks.

Great time playing you guys and extremely educational. It was the first time I've ever played against a demon army with deathwing and ravenwing. I still can't believe an entire bike squad went down to breath of chaos. Quite funny. Sammiel still died because he is a little bitch and much like sonya blade in mortal combat. No ballz and weak as a kid that doesn't know where the beach is. If it wasn't for the land speeder squadrons, epic shooting from the hurricane bolters on the raiders and belial's lightning claw terminators - I would have been crushed. Thanks for the opportunity and fun as it was the first time I've ever cleared the table in a victory and a battle that I still can't get out of my head. See you this Thursday!

I like to go home, pour some whiskey, and have a surplus of units to pick from.

You are a scholar.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2011, 01:02:32 PM »
See you this Thursday!
I won't be there this week, but look for Wes (Mirrorlord). He's the guy with two Necron Monoliths that hate me.

Wes

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2011, 06:10:05 PM »
See you this Thursday!
I won't be there this week, but look for Wes (Mirrorlord). He's the guy with two Necron Monoliths that hate me.

The proud owner of the only Bannanacrons in the world

( My Nightbringer would also hate you but I don't think I've fielded him against you to much use yet :(
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 08:20:57 PM by Mirrorlord »

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2011, 02:19:42 AM »
See you this Thursday!

The proud owner of the only Bannanacrons in the world

I don't get it enlighten me.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2011, 02:40:32 AM »
His monoliths are painted in a banana yellow color.

... why is that, by the way?

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2011, 12:12:24 PM »
Probably from a banana death world

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2011, 12:42:36 PM »
Don't you know that banana yellow is the new black? ;)
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

Wes

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2011, 01:18:09 PM »
They come from Tomb World IX871 also known to Earth as: The Planet of the Apes

Being located on an ape planet, stereotypes say that there should be an exorbitant amount of bananas. When the Necrons woke up from the tombs, and started to reclaim the world the apes fought back. (mostly by uselessly throwing bananas at the monoliths which permanently stained the metal Banana Yellow ) And that is the reason why the Necrons are out to kill anything living, just because of an injured resale value on the monoliths.

Seriously though, I really don't know why most of my Necrons are yellow. I guess the normal grey/black color scheme was boring.

And yes, Banana Yellow IS the new black

Wes

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2011, 10:22:14 PM »
Very Small crowd tonight. One game of Space Marine/Orks vs Necrons, and one Fantasy game of Skaven vs High elves (?)

aduclos

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2011, 12:47:49 PM »
I've been getting the itch to get back into 40k (having not played since the original Dark Eldar codex was out). If I were to stop by with some models and would someone be up for running me through the rules again (since I'm very much stuck in a 3rd edition mindset!!). I do have the new book and will work on reading through that but would be keen on just jumping back in if possible!

I have a fair amount of Tau and may work on 'modernizing' my Dark Eldar as the newer models are pretty sweet.

Anthony

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2011, 10:21:29 PM »
Hey Anthony,

This Thursday night there are likely to be a number of practice games for the tournament on Saturday. (To others: *hint hint!*) I'm still trying to collect a firm number so I know whether I need to be someone's practice dummy.

That said, I think I'm a softy for reacquainting people with 40k. I love breaking everything down in slow motion. If not Thursday night, you can pick pretty much any other night and I'd be glad to put you through 5th Edition basic training. I'm more familiar with Tau than I am Dark Eldar, so bring the fish to start. :D

Wes

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2011, 08:09:10 PM »
Hey Anthony,

This Thursday night there are likely to be a number of practice games for the tournament on Saturday. (To others: *hint hint!*) I'm still trying to collect a firm number so I know whether I need to be someone's practice dummy.

That said, I think I'm a softy for reacquainting people with 40k. I love breaking everything down in slow motion. If not Thursday night, you can pick pretty much any other night and I'd be glad to put you through 5th Edition basic training. I'm more familiar with Tau than I am Dark Eldar, so bring the fish to start. :D

The Necrons are always willing to use the Marines of Chaos of targeting practice. Run towards me all you want and don't take any vehicles.