Author Topic: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Tuesday 40k  (Read 301853 times)

Wes

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
Re: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Thursday 40k
« Reply #720 on: October 19, 2011, 08:40:40 PM »
ooooo tau vs crons, battle of the oldies, well, maybe i can get in a game against them before they get their ridiculous death ray", 250 points worth of suits? NOPE. Wes, what time do you think you will be in at? also, do you mind a proxy or two xD im trying, but GW seems to have an issue with selling me stuff...

I get there at 6:55-7:00 not counting the fact I must eat. sure, Proxies are fine, seeing I need to use one for my second Lord.

Tharcil

« Reply #721 on: October 20, 2011, 12:28:23 PM »
Showing with the Deathwing Army tonight and am game for 1500-2000 points.  Hoping for a good turn out and plenty of opponents!

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #722 on: October 20, 2011, 03:04:40 PM »
Looks like we're going to have an above-average turnout this evening. If you can go only one Thursday night this week, make it this one!

Yes, I know what I said. Stop thinking and start packing your army.

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #723 on: October 20, 2011, 03:14:09 PM »
drive me i have candy. think about that!

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #724 on: October 20, 2011, 03:57:44 PM »
We are likely to have some special visitors tonight from the Evil Dice 40k club out of the Hobby Bunker in Malden MA.  The head of the club, his girlfriend, and another friend may be stopping in to check out the scene.  I am told they plan to paint.

Seeing as how I will not be there, please welcome them on our behalf.

If things ago according to plan we will be working with them shortly after the new year to create some sort of joint event.  We plan to host their club in a 40k singles tournament in the forseeable future.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #725 on: October 20, 2011, 05:06:58 PM »
Can do!

Tharcil

« Reply #726 on: October 20, 2011, 05:44:35 PM »
We are likely to have some special visitors tonight from the Evil Dice 40k club out of the Hobby Bunker in Malden MA.  The head of the club, his girlfriend, and another friend may be stopping in to check out the scene.  I am told they plan to paint.

If things ago according to plan we will be working with them shortly after the new year to create some sort of joint event.  We plan to host their club in a 40k singles tournament in the forseeable future.

Why does this translate to give the new people "Happy Karate Day!" to me?

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #727 on: October 21, 2011, 01:47:57 AM »
Why does this translate to give the new people "Happy Karate Day!" to me?
Oh, I wanted to make the joke, but didn't want Chase to worry.

Rob from Evil Dice and his girlfriend came down, checked things out, did some painting. They couldn't have picked a better night.

There were a whole bunch of 500 point games, too many for me to keep track of. Lots of Tau in the house, three different players.

For bigger games, I played 1000 point game, David's first with his Tau and he edged me out for the win.
Bill's Orks and Jason's Grey Knights, yo dawg I heard you like dakka, so I put some dakka in your dakka dakka.
John's Tau vs Chris' Deathwing. Either way Deathwing lives up to their name; tonight it was in the negative way.

Really, really good night out. Not enough time to be social with everyone and play 40k. Maybe we should hold a cotillion!

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #728 on: October 21, 2011, 02:08:34 AM »
That might not be a bad idea, actually. 

Hmm...

A less-than-semiformal night of soda, cheetos, movies, and other geek related stuff... but NO gaming.

I like it.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
« Reply #729 on: October 21, 2011, 06:12:01 AM »
I just wanna throw out props to ted the fire warrior, sniped the night bringer at max range and took his last wound! truly epic game. Wes, that was a tonne of fun, literally, a game of mistakes and the deceiver making a different unit each turn run away >=(  grumble, morale, stupid tau, LD7, tyranids were cooler than you guys 
Tau theme song, "jump around"

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #730 on: October 21, 2011, 10:15:03 AM »
Good fun last night and a great showing for Thursday 40k

Wes

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #731 on: October 21, 2011, 09:14:21 PM »
I just wanna throw out props to ted the fire warrior, sniped the night bringer at max range and took his last wound! truly epic game. Wes, that was a tonne of fun, literally, a game of mistakes and the deceiver making a different unit each turn run away >=(  grumble, morale, stupid tau, LD7, tyranids were cooler than you guys 

Yeah sure Ted killed him after all your broadsides and missile launchers softened him up. (and still succeeded in missing 90% of the shots they fired) Anyhow, your time is running out, 16 more days *Evil Chuckle*

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
« Reply #732 on: October 21, 2011, 10:14:59 PM »
come at me bro, i heard a rumor that the new tau dex has RENDING MARKER LIGHTS, so yeah there.
Tau theme song, "jump around"

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #733 on: October 21, 2011, 11:18:10 PM »
Spreading rumors is dangerous business! Have you guys never seen an after-school special? You're going to hurt your current codex's self-esteem and then it'll take pills and it'll be awesome-on-drugs for like a week, but then it's going to crash hard and be worse the Sisters WD codex. Truly, a fate worse than death.  :'(

Have you hugged your codex today?

Dissimulation

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #734 on: October 22, 2011, 01:27:10 AM »
As long as the codex is awesome-on-drugs on tournament day I'm totally fine with all my stats going down to 1 afterward.
Time for my tau jumpy phase