Author Topic: Warhammer 40k 6th Edition Rules Questions  (Read 34344 times)

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
Re: Warhammer 40k 6th Edition Rules Questions
« Reply #255 on: July 25, 2012, 05:22:39 PM »
But a Melta can hit only one vehicle and has to be rolled to hit. Right now it is as people say You declare Skyfire at the beginning of the Shooting Phase it can only hit flyers. If you do not it can only hit Ground Units.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #256 on: July 25, 2012, 05:38:56 PM »
Question - Can a Zooming StormRaven still deepstrike its contents?
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #257 on: July 25, 2012, 05:45:44 PM »
We just answered that. Yes you can.

But a Melta can hit only one vehicle and has to be rolled to hit.

How often do you think you'll be able to get 2 flyers with 1 deathray?  Not often I think.

Banosby

• Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #258 on: July 25, 2012, 05:46:45 PM »
How dare you not reply:

Is that a GK Stormraven or a BA Stormraven?

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #259 on: July 25, 2012, 06:28:32 PM »
Because Sam said they were the same. Is he kinda ignoring RAW?  Yeah, but in this case, perhaps like no other, we know what was intended.

GW is sloppy as shit. I'm tired of pretending that should have in-game consequences.

Banosby

• Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #260 on: July 25, 2012, 06:46:39 PM »
No, cause like 'an African Swallow or European Swallow' and nerds and stuff. Such a missed opportunity.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #261 on: July 25, 2012, 06:54:31 PM »
And then......somebody gets hit with a coconut. 

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Reply #262 on: July 25, 2012, 07:58:06 PM »
No, cause like 'an African Swallow or European Swallow' and nerds and stuff. Such a missed opportunity.

This was a question on the Fluid Dynamics final I gave in the spring.
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

Ahrimaneus

• Frank Doyle
    • Email
« Reply #263 on: July 25, 2012, 11:29:04 PM »
I originally e-mailed Chase about the Fortune on Dark Eldar units, and he told me he asked Sam and my response was that, since they are Battle Brothers, it works.  Just FYI.

If this isn't the case and Sam doesn't agree with that, please let me know so I don't do that and waste the points on Fortune.

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #264 on: July 26, 2012, 12:07:53 AM »
I originally e-mailed Chase about the Fortune on Dark Eldar units, and he told me he asked Sam and my response was that, since they are Battle Brothers, it works.  Just FYI.

If this isn't the case and Sam doesn't agree with that, please let me know so I don't do that and waste the points on Fortune.

So Battle Brothers count as friendly units for the targeting of psychic powers, abilities, and so on;  This is to say that for the BRB powers, you can have your Farseer cast them in a DE unit.

The Eldar codex states that powers such as Conceal, Embolden and Enhance effect the Warlock and his unit.  Fortune specifically states "Eldar" units, which are units purchased from the Eldar codex;  Dark Eldar units are purchased from the Dark Eldar codex.

This is why in all the lists you see with the Farseer/Harlequin/Archon rerollable 2++ save, the Harlies are purchased from the Eldar side, so that you can legally cast Fortune on them.  If you were to purchase them from the DE codex, then technically they are DE units.
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #265 on: July 26, 2012, 12:21:14 AM »
Yeah, but if you ask me, that's a bullshit loophole.  Sure, you can cast it on the harleguins, but the power won't affect the archon. Or alternatively, you can't cast it on the harlequins because it's not an "eldar unit" as long as it has the archon inside.  It's an "eldar and Dark Eldar unit" or something. 

Can we all agree a rerollable 2+ is a bad thing?

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #266 on: July 26, 2012, 08:58:07 AM »
Yeah, but if you ask me, that's a bullshit loophole.  Sure, you can cast it on the harleguins, but the power won't affect the archon. Or alternatively, you can't cast it on the harlequins because it's not an "eldar unit" as long as it has the archon inside.  It's an "eldar and Dark Eldar unit" or something. 

Can we all agree a rerollable 2+ is a bad thing?

Since when does adding a character to a unit suddenly make it not part of the unit? 

While an IC is part of a unit, he counts as part of the unit for all rules purposes though he still follows the rules for characters; pg 39

It may be a bad thing, but it's perfectly legal.  Like my trade blockade of Naboo.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 09:01:22 AM by Typhus »
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

Grimwulfe

• God
    • Email
« Reply #267 on: July 26, 2012, 09:27:05 AM »
It is a GK Storm Raven And rule for Shadow Skies and Skies of Blood I would assume are different.  So the real question is does Zooming count as moving flat out?

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #268 on: July 26, 2012, 09:51:09 AM »
It is a GK Storm Raven And rule for Shadow Skies and Skies of Blood I would assume are different.  So the real question is does Zooming count as moving flat out?

As far as I can see, just looking at both rules, they are worded the same (with the exception that it says Jump Packs for BA [and they can use DoA to scatter less], and Personal Teleporters for GK.

Technically, Zooming flyers are Zooming, and you Flat Out in your shooting phase, so a literal RAW interpretation (pre BA FAQ), would be that you Zoom in, forgo your shooting and Flat Out, and then during that extra "Flat Out" movement would be when you Shadow Sky/Sky of Blood out.

The BA FAQ says "“If the Stormraven has moved more than 6", passengers can still disembark, but they
must do so as follows.”

Which makes absolutely no sense because a Zooming Flyer *has* to move 18" or it blows up.

Grimwulfe

• God
    • Email
« Reply #269 on: July 26, 2012, 10:05:08 AM »
Actually the BA FAQ makes total sense it would replace the moving flat out comment so they can deep strike when its zooming bcause t moed more then 6"  Very clearly worded.  Now as for the GK version thats a whole different story.