Author Topic: Warhammer 40k 6th Edition Rules Questions  (Read 34311 times)

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
Re: Warhammer 40k 6th Edition Rules Questions
« Reply #315 on: August 02, 2012, 12:38:54 PM »
Quick questionas I am a little unsure of the wording. For GK inquisitors can a Malleus Inq Lord in TA have a Daemonblade?

In the wargear section it states he can replace bolt pistol and or chainsword with a daemon blade.

The TA secton says replaces armor bolt pistol and chainsword with TA and a daemon hammer.

So does this mean I can then replace the daemon hammer with a daemonblade for 15 points?

There used to be a thing in the FAQ specifically saying you didn't have to switch it out.  But they removed that. 

Now there's a section saying that all of them may switchit it out for a force weapon but nothing else.

It's a little stupid, but RAW, no, I think. 

Ahrimaneus

• Frank Doyle
    • Email
« Reply #316 on: August 03, 2012, 12:30:09 PM »
Personally guys, I don't really see how the fortification 3+ cover save is ambiguous at all in the case of the bastion. It's a fortification, therefore it's 3+.

In the case of the aegis defense line, it defines its terrain type as something other than fortification, and therefore abides by that ruling.

What else would the bastion be? It's not a ruin, it's not a defense line, it's not a crater or battlefield debris or anything else. It's a fortification.

If you don't like the 3+ cover save, shoot the building instead and bypass it. Don't really see any ground for this debate at all IMHO

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #317 on: August 03, 2012, 01:34:53 PM »
I heard 40k sucks now?  True/False?

andalucien

• God
« Reply #318 on: August 03, 2012, 02:10:29 PM »
Nah, 40k is way betta now :)

Just some additional info to be taken at face value  - Mike Brandt ruled that bastions are 3+ for the Nova.
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Sam

• Global Moderator
  • Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #319 on: August 08, 2012, 06:52:25 PM »
Real quick, before D&D Encounters: the final power weapon ruling is here.

http://www.battlegroundgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=4388.msg40527#msg40527

Pertinent quote: "For each undefined power weapon in your army, you may select one of the four options presented in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook. The weapon must be modeled appropriately, and your selection MUST be included on your army list. Any power weapon not specified on your printed army list will be treated as a generic power sword."

I'll get to this other stuff tomorrow, time permitting.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #320 on: August 11, 2012, 12:22:18 AM »
A question I am having trouble dealing with right now.

Interceptor allows you to shoot at a unit that arrives in from reserves at the end of the movement phase.

Say a Rhino comes in from reserve you have 2 units with an Interceptor Weapon and one wrekcs the Rhino can the second Interceptor fire at the Units that have emergency Disembarked from the Rhino?

Now say a Drop Pod deep strikes with a Unit inside of it the Unit Disembarks after the Drop Pod Arrives from Reserves. Does the Interceptor get the choice to shoot at the Unit and not the drop pod?
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #321 on: August 13, 2012, 08:54:56 AM »
I believe the answer is no for your first question shooting happens simo so if you blew up the rhino you are done. 

As for the second question im to tired to answer it so maybe someone else can elaborate
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

Logan007

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #322 on: August 13, 2012, 12:36:17 PM »
A question I am having trouble dealing with right now.

Interceptor allows you to shoot at a unit that arrives in from reserves at the end of the movement phase.

Say a Rhino comes in from reserve you have 2 units with an Interceptor Weapon and one wrekcs the Rhino can the second Interceptor fire at the Units that have emergency Disembarked from the Rhino?

Now say a Drop Pod deep strikes with a Unit inside of it the Unit Disembarks after the Drop Pod Arrives from Reserves. Does the Interceptor get the choice to shoot at the Unit and not the drop pod?

I'd say the answer to the questions, as you've worded it, is yes. But I don't have the rulebook to look at the RAW right now until I get home

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
« Reply #323 on: August 13, 2012, 01:06:46 PM »
Interceptor:  "At the end of the enemy Movement phase, a weapon with the Interceptor special rule can be fired at any one unit that has arrived from reserve within its range and line of sight".

In the case of the Drop Pod, going by RAW, I'd say you can shoot at either the vehicle or the unit that has disembarked from it, since models must be disembarked by the end of the phase from a Drop Pod when it lands. 

In the case of the Rhino, it's a little more vague, since the embarked models weren't a legal target until the end of the Movement phase "sub-phase".  However, I'd still say you can shoot at them, since the models embarked still arrived from reserve.  So as long as they're still within range and line of sight of the weapon that's shooting at them, I'd say "Yes" to both questions as well.
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #324 on: September 02, 2012, 11:56:16 AM »
I have a unit with an Apothecary in assault. Another appropriate character in the same unit is locked in a challenge. Is the other appropriate character still granted Feel No Pain?

Logan007

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #325 on: September 02, 2012, 09:23:36 PM »
Yes, as that character is still part of the unit.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #326 on: September 03, 2012, 10:45:18 AM »
Yes

Seth

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #327 on: September 04, 2012, 02:47:39 PM »
yes as long as he joined the unit in the movement phase or before.
those who win every battle are not really skillful- those who render others' armies helpless without fighting are the best of all.  ~Master Sun Tzu

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #328 on: October 12, 2012, 01:42:59 AM »
Under the Scout special rule, when it says a model with Scout may redeploy, does that model have to redeploy in a deployment zone?

It seems like a silly question, but we talked ourselves into a corner tonight and cursed GW again for not clearly defining the terms of the game.

Erich

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #329 on: October 12, 2012, 08:20:50 AM »
Under the Scout special rule, when it says a model with Scout may redeploy, does that model have to redeploy in a deployment zone?

It seems like a silly question, but we talked ourselves into a corner tonight and cursed GW again for not clearly defining the terms of the game.

Was under they impression their redeploy was more of a slight "shuffle" from their current position and, as long as none of the redeploy restrictions are broken, it seems they would be able to "shuffle" out of a deployment zone. The unit simply moves a bit from where it was initially deployed.

Scout
If the unit is Infantry, Artillery, a Walker or a Monstrous Creature, each model can redeploy anywhere entirely within 6" of its current position. If it is any other unit type, each model can instead redeploy anywhere entirely within 12" of its current position. During this redeployment, Scouts must remain more than 12" away from any enemy unit.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 08:23:10 AM by Erich »