Author Topic: Chaos Demons very shortly, apparently.  (Read 9082 times)

cole-slaw

Re: Chaos Demons very shortly, apparently.
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2013, 11:54:18 PM »
i'm really disappointed here. I was hoping the drones would look different from....whatever those are. They dont even really look like flies , and the wings look stupid. Also , plague bearers riding them is a cool idea , but the way they're on there , it just looks dumb. The only on i really like is the herald of khorne , the chariot of tzeench looks dumb imo as well. waaaay too much going on for me to really distinguish anything.
but , as others have said , whaddoo i know. im still really new to this game.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2013, 08:13:29 AM »
I these are just another case of the chibihawks. I assume this will be the same with these models.

I would hold off judgment on these models until you see em in person. Those flies at the very least look like great conversion fodder. Whoever is taking the pictures is also pretty bad, I've noticed of late.

Suitably other-worldly and wrong. I think I'm liking them.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2013, 05:49:24 PM »
Looks like Daemons will be getting psyker powers too, parallel to CSM... I'm getting excited for this release

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2013, 06:03:09 PM »
I'm alright with the "direct dmg powers", like Bolt of Change being just powers, instead of psychic powers.  Psychic powers in place of gun do inherently less dmg than a similar profile weapon (more checks to pass, more ways to counter) and GW doesn't seem to know how to cost it right.

Buffs, de-buffs, transformative powers all really need to be psychic powers or have easily available counters, though. 

andalucien

• God
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2013, 07:05:04 PM »
I doubt that they will make powers such as warpfire, bolt, etc into psychic powers.  Think how clunky that would be.   A whole army that needs to go through a psychic test and deny the witch before EVERY shooting attack.  Also, yes, if you take those to rolls into account, it has like a 1 in 4 chance of fizzling out (more than that if shooting at a psyker), so the cost of shooty guys would need to be cheapened considerably.

Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2013, 07:17:10 PM »
I dunno. They make zoanthropes do it. The primaris fire power is only a heavy flamer.

It's dumb, but GW is bad at math.

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
  • Legendary Creature - Troll
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2013, 09:36:10 PM »
Everything seems pretty on par to be honest.  Nothing seems like a bad model, keep in mind we are looking at fuzzy images.  The chariots all look very demoic, and we haven't seen anything of the wave (rumored) to be the plastic greaters yet.  Those are going to be bad ass.
Tiger's Den founding member

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2013, 05:06:59 PM »
New rumors now of daemons getting something called "instability" and losing eternal warrior and fearless... that would be huge unless instability means eternal warrior and fearless much like the new DA "inner circle" is stubborn and preferred enemy CSM

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2013, 05:21:37 PM »
Instability as it is most recently known is fearless from shooting but in melee take a LD test minus what you  lost combat by. This is how many models you lose.

So if you lose combat by 6 you test on LD 4
If you roll a 7, this is a difference of 3 so 3 models suffer a wound.

Who knows if or how they will change it

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2013, 05:26:04 PM »
Instability as it is most recently known is fearless from shooting but in melee take a LD test minus what you  lost combat by. This is how many models you lose.

So if you lose combat by 6 you test on LD 4
If you roll a 7, this is a difference of 3 so 3 models suffer a wound.

Who knows if or how they will change it

Gotcha, so a bit like 5th edition fearless wounds. I'm still not buying off on it until the codex shows up however. As a non demon player i must admit i hope they do lose eternal warrior (at least for most of the army) so my pieplates are actually useful against daemons

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2013, 06:07:03 PM »
Will Ben's Daemons come back and supplant the Space Sharks?

Heck with Codex's flying out...Maybe getting a new Orks dex relatively soon isn't such a far fetch after all.
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2013, 06:45:38 PM »
I just hope it goes back to a somewhat minority army that is well balanced.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2013, 08:32:25 PM »
I think they really, really need to lose eternal warrior.  Or at least the two wound models, then.  (screamers and flamers, it's fine on blood crushers) If nothing else (and there's a lot else) it get's you to thinking, "So....why do daemonhunters have force weapons, then?"

Fearless....meh, they're non-human, but someone pointed out to me than daemons should actually probably be hyper-emotional, so fearless doesn't really make sense.  I dunno. 

I'm pretty sure I don't really want to see anything like the old instability (for 40k, for fantasy I think it's fine), mostly because it seems to me nearly impossible to balance.  I.e, a demon unit will either be just murdering whatever else it is, or will lose badly and just get wiped out, with very little in-between. 

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2013, 08:34:53 PM »
Pics of the codex here, a bit grainy on my cell phone but maybe a dameon player can get something useful from them

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/02/daemon-information-random-powers.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Faeit212+(Faeit+212)&m=1

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2013, 01:54:58 AM »
Will Ben's Daemons come back and supplant the Space Sharks?

No. Of everything I once had, only Fateweaver will live on. There are a number of reasons for this, but to look at the most positive one, I have an awesome Shark Marines army. (Space Sharks are different and far more lame, FYI.)