Author Topic: War of the Sphere: Battletech Map Campaign  (Read 20451 times)

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
War of the Sphere: Battletech Map Campaign
« on: February 14, 2014, 12:00:25 AM »
This is an idea for a campaign I've had for a while now. The rules will follow the post. It will start on March 1st, this will everyone time to assemble forces and find a faction they like as well as  make sure the factions aren't overloaded one way or the other.

Faction Options- Inner Sphere- Lyran Commonwelth, Federated Suns Capellan Confederation, Draconis Combine, Free Worlds League

Clans- Rasalhague Dominion, Raven Alliance, Nova Cat, Wolf, Wolf-in-Exile, Jade Falcon, Sea Fox, Hell's Horses

Republic(units avaiable)- Highlanders, VII Hastati Sentinels, III Princeps Guards, VIIII Triarii Protectors

Rules-

Each player chooses  faction of either Inner Sphere, Clan or Republic origin. The Inner Sphere Powers are Lyran Commonwealth, Draconis Combine, Capellan Confederation, Free Worlds League, Federated Suns, Mercenary commands have to choose an Inner Sphere or Republic power to work for.  Clans powers are Wolf Empire, Wolf-in-Exile, Sea Fox, Rasalhague Dominion, Raven Alliance, Hell's Horses, Jade Falcon. Units from the Army of the Republic of the Sphere like the Highlanders will be allowed. Periphery powers will be allowed though no Homeworld Clans will be.
   Each player will start with a stable of mechs, vehicles and Protomechs, the number of which will depend on the units origin. Those of Inner Sphere and Republic origin will start with a Company of mechs (12), while Clans units will start with a Binary (10). 1 mech slot is equal to 2 vehicles or 5
Protomechs. No more than ¼ of the unit may be Assault mechs. Players will choose a Military Unit from their respective power and use that Units Technology rating, A-F for IS units, the different Units for the Republic, and Front Line or Second for Clan. The force will then be chosen from its prospective Rand Assignment Table in Field Manual 3145. Units that do not appear on that RAT but do appear on the same table in Field Manual 3085 can be taken.
        All Omnimechs start in the Prime Configuration.
   Pilots should have names and all Pilots will all start a Gunnery 4 Piloting as piloting ratings can change during the campaign. Pilots are confined to the mech they start in unless it is destroyed, they can pilto another mech if either A. the pilot of the mech died or B. the mech is newly purchased.
   Each Unit will be given 1,000 Warchest points these will be used to repair, rearm, replace/by new mechs/vehicles/protomechs, heal personnel, and improve Pilot statistics. Mechs bought will come from the units RAT either from 3085 or 3145.  All of this will use the rules in The Chaos Campaign. The Points will also be used to “buy” into games either attacking or defending. Simulating the cost of transport and upkeep for the unit. To convert from Warchest Points to Support Points players will multiply their Warchest Points by 5.

The Game
        There will be a map for the game and each faction will be given control over an old Republic of the Sphere Prefect which they will attack from and defend from invading forces.
   Each month each player will choose a planet to invade, Sending it in to Earl, by either Email or Pm on the Battleground Forums, this will need to be in by the last day of earch month. On the first these will be posted on a thread in the forums. Then it is up to the two players to set a date for their game if any.
   When a world held by a player is invaded they have two choices either they can defend it or let it be taken. If they let it be taken then no game is played. If not then a battle happens. The two players will determine a Battle Value(BV) and make their force accordingly. The BV will be determined as shown in the program Solaris Skunkwerks. Forces may be less bt not more than the agreed up on BV.
   The mission will be built by both players using the rules in Wars of Reaving. The only options that may be taken from the Addition Options table are : Bad Weather, Excessive Force, Hidden Secrets, Rough Terrain and Setting the Stage. Additionally the Objective Master of the Bid may not be taken by Inner Sphere Units. The buy in for attacking Forces is 450 Warchest Points while the buy in for defending players is 300 Warchest points. After the mission is fought the winner gains control of the planet while the loser is ejected.
   Players may be pushed out of the campaign in two ways. The first being losing all Territory in the Remnant or going into Warchest Debt for two consecutive turns. The unit is considered untenable by their backer and recalled or let go of their contract.

Support Point Costs

Repairs

Repair armor Mech = Tonnagex2*
Repair Armor on Vehicle = Tonnage*
Repair Protomech = Tonnagex5*
Repair Battle Armor = No. of suitsx5*
Reconfigure Omnimech/vehicle = Tonnage/10*
Rearm Unit = 20
*Clan and Mixed tech cost 1/4 more to Repair

Healing

Heal Mechwarrior = 50 per box
Heal Vehicle Crew (Commander hit, Crew Stunned crits only) = 250
Heal Infantry(NOT Battlearmor) = 20 per individual Box

Purchases

Purchase Mech(Standard Rules) = Tonnage x 20*
Purchase Mech(Introductory Rules) = Tonnage x 10*
Purchase Vehicle = Tonnage x 10*
Purchase Battle Armor = No. of suits x 25*
Purchase Protomech = Tonnage
*Clan and Mixed tech forces pay 1/4 more

Hiring New Pilots-
Mech-30
Vehicle Crew-20
Battle Armor Pilot-5
Protomech- 75

Pilot Improvement

Mechwarrior Gunnery Skill = 500
Protomech Gunnery Skill = 500
Battle Armor Gunnery Skill = 500
Vehicle Gunnery Skill = 250
Mechwarrior Pilot Skill = 300
Vehcile Pilot Skill = 200
Battle Armor Anti-Mech skill = 500

Things you will need for the game at least 4 mechs, as Battletech isn't WYSIWYG as long as you tell your opponent what it is supposed to be you're fine. Pair of six sided dice, more dice are useful for denoting movement and fire modifiers. A Pencil and the sheets for your mechs. I will be making sure people get access to the necessary Random Assignment Tables to choose their forces.

Any questions can be PMed to me. This post may change as people point out things I've missed. But wont change after the Campaign starts without discussion.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 07:49:29 PM by Earl »

Zaroth

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
Re: War of the Sphere: Battletech Map Campaign
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 12:32:21 AM »
Wolf's Dragoons, Spider's Web Battalion.   Working for the Combine.

cryptoron

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 10:40:19 PM »
Interstellar Executive Solutions (Mercs), Working for whomever...
"A Thunderhawk full of Necrons...WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW!!!!!"

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 05:55:03 PM »
I had a few questions...

1) Is there going to be salvage or the possibility of salvage depending on the misson??  If there is salvage is it just for points or can a player have the possibility of repairing and fielding said mech?

2) Can we use any varients of the options listed in the technical readout?  Or can we later adjust the mechs to any of the listed varients?  OR can I just put guns all up in my mech?

3) Can there be a house rule that PPC's only count the hit if you declare the PP-touch?

4) Farm Mechs? and get I get mad props for using it?  Like a bonus 5 WC points because I won and planted some grain while winning??

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 06:04:47 PM »

3) Can there be a house rule that PPC's only count the hit if you declare the PP-touch?

This STILL Lives on.  Also, if i can get the money together to purchase Mechs, I am in for Clan Wolf in Exile.

EDIT: Money not forthcoming. No mech campaign for me. There are too many bills that got shuffled in the 2 month limbo
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 09:05:06 PM by The_Chef »
I do have a problem with Vulcan twin-linking every non-UltraMarine whatever-gun on the table.
Thank you for this Chase

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 07:13:33 PM »
1.) salvage is just used for points to up your WP

2.) You have to use a Cannon Variant that your faction as access to. if it says so in any of the 3145 tros and you can show it to me then its cool.

3.) Maybe but is usally comes up anyway.

4.) if you really want to you get props and a lower bv so its up to you. no extra wp for farming though this is Battletech not Peacetech

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 08:07:59 PM »
 8)

IG Dan

• Email
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 03:11:24 AM »
Highlanders. Because there can be only one.

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 07:57:45 PM »
Clan Ghost Bear, Omega Galaxy, 5th Bear Guards

Imp

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • ImpsCorner.com
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 12:02:56 AM »
Vinson's Vigilantes (Merc)  Hired By Bannson's Raiders
Children yet, the tale to hear, Eager eye and willing ear, Lovingly shall nestle near.  In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream?

Cale

• Global Moderator
  • Nothing is ever easy
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 07:05:43 PM »
Clan Jade Falcon - Delta Galaxy (Gyrfalcon Galaxy) - 1st Falcon Striker Cluster (Front Line)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 07:41:48 AM by Cale »
A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave. - Wiegraf Folles

cryptoron

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 09:43:37 PM »
CRAP, I missed 3/1, can I still get into this?
"A Thunderhawk full of Necrons...WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW!!!!!"

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 01:05:33 AM »
Yes you can. If everyone can make it down to the shop on 3/19 a Wednesday at 7 pm (ill probably be around before that if you cant ake it later and there till about midnight if you can) I'll give  big schpeel and we can set everything up.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 01:11:03 AM by Earl »

Librarian

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 03:06:09 AM »
ok After a little fluff based research I am going to go with clan Sea Fox.

also Interstellar Executive Solutions may be the greatest name for a mercenary company ever.

Cale

• Global Moderator
  • Nothing is ever easy
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2014, 07:47:29 AM »

Rules-

Players will choose a Military Unit from their respective power and use that Units Technology rating, A-F for IS units, the different Units for the Republic, and Front Line or Second for Clan. The force will then be chosen from its prospective Rand Assignment Table in Field Manual 3145. Units that do not appear on that RAT but do appear on the same table in Field Manual 3085 can be taken.

Does "The force will then be chosen from it's prospective Rand Assignment table in Field Manual 3145" mean we will be rolling up our forced on 3/19/14 when we all meet or is that simply the list we can choose/customize our forces based upon?

A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave. - Wiegraf Folles