Author Topic: Apocalyptic count down......  (Read 18152 times)

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
Re: Apocalyptic count down......
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2008, 11:30:15 AM »
Ground rules still apply?
-Painted models only
-GW and BOLs datasheets only.  Other datasheets must be approved by the community?
-Special Character limitations - one per side

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2008, 05:26:42 PM »
Just to be clear; each and every army, good, evil, or somewhere inbetween will be allowed to play in the Megabattle.

We didn't have any Tyranid players last year but I would imagine that the Tyranids would end up on the side of "Chaos."

You know, if we make "good" and "evil" sides, there will only be one side and no opponents.  It won't be "good".

Go play Tau, philosophy major.

Communists = Good?
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2008, 05:31:20 PM »
Nah, but they tend to spread "Greater Good" all over their opponent's faces.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2008, 06:28:20 PM »
as far as it all stands right now, its just two sides with armies falling into one of the two categories of order or chaos.  I.e. GW proclaimed good and evil armies, that should basically iron that out. 
As far as teams, I believe it is the same as last year.  During sign up write down what armies you would be willing to field and give the points you could do of said army.

For example Bob has both a tyranid army and a space marine army, he can field 3000 of each but would prefer to play nids.  This way the store can set teams up to be fair, everyone gets to play.

After teams are set if the sides decide to get strategic that is up to them, but some sense of a heirarchy should be established to help avoid the confusion of assests and special characters should multiples of a given force happen.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2008, 07:16:18 PM »
Ground rules still apply?
-Painted models only
-GW and BOLs datasheets only.  Other datasheets must be approved by the community?
-Special Character limitations - one per side

Yes.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
Apocalyptic count down......
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2008, 10:05:45 PM »
Well, I've only got one army..Dark Angels. I can easily go 5k worth of points on them, maybe  more depending on Chrismas and my birthday, or a good pay check haha.
 The details will always be worked out come the day before anyways.

Now for the smack talk:
There is only ONE side...that which is guidled by the Emperor. All else is wrong and will be dealt with.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 10:07:56 PM by Warpedfuzz »
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2008, 04:26:36 AM »
So I spoke with Derek tonight.

Two sides:  Order and Disorder

Tyranids = Disorder for the same reason Eldar fought for Order last year.  If it doesn't always make sense, make it make sense.  Maybe the Tyranids are taking advantage of the situation and have decided to come in an eat some guardsmen for the day.

Orks = Disorder

Players are encouraged to play their armies in the spirit of the game while at the same time doing what they want to do.  For instance, if there are 3 or 4 Ork players and they want to get together and play as one massive mob o' green killa guyz plan to deploy that way.

There is a chance that we will impose some restrictions on what armies play for each side.  For example if 25 of 30 players want to play for "Disorder" we may not let people play things like "renegade" marines like we did last year in an effort to balance the number of players on each side.

If you have any more questions PM me.  I'm more likely to respond quickly that way.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 04:29:28 AM by Chase »
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2008, 07:31:54 AM »
I also only have "one" army.  About 3k of renegade guard (guard with 8 pointed stars in various places) and like 8k of CSM and Daemons.

Ok so it's like 3 armies but blame GW for breaking up my happy family.