Author Topic: Armageddon: Chaos  (Read 24927 times)

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
Armageddon: Chaos
« on: November 03, 2008, 07:13:32 PM »
Hey guys with three months and counting until the big game I figured I would just start two topics so the respective players can start discussing amongst themselves some plans of Data sheets and special characters that they want to bring.  You know get everyone in the planning stages in case a few of us need to get motivated to start to work on our more epic pieces.

cryptoron

• Epic Tier Level 24
Re: Armageddon: Chaos
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 10:50:25 PM »
Well, if Necrons are on the side of chaos again this time, I got at least 5000 points, with hopefully another 1000 by the time it rolls around.  Btw, when will it be?  Do we have a date yet?
"A Thunderhawk full of Necrons...WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW!!!!!"

tyranid warlord

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 11:36:49 PM »
I've got close to 5000pts of nids including the endless swarm and can have a lot of carnifex's
and Brandan has around 3000 pts of chaos marines and counting

Ravenous

• Email
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 12:42:26 AM »
From what i remember we're limited to 3500 points each, so just choose your favorites. I'll hopefully be running 2 Subterranean Swarms a Scythed Heirodule and maybe a Genestealer Infestation it it'll fit. or ill just rock out my flyrants and hormies.

Carnifexes? What are those? :P
Trygons. Now thats what i'm talkin about.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 01:13:37 AM »
the tenative date right now is set for january 3rd.  The point value for each person is set for 3500.  The player point value is decided, we are looking for some input as to how this date sits with everyone involved. 

So if the 3rd is bad just give an idea of what saturday is better.  We were looking at the following week as a possibility.  There is another thread reguarding this topic, so post you scheduling issues there.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 01:18:40 AM by jesterofthedark »

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 01:21:48 AM »
O yea and just something I heard tonight,  there will be No Renegade armies this year.   Unless the army itself is modeled as such. 

They were allowed last year to help make up for the uneven teams, but this year its going to be exactly as GW intended.  Evil goes with evil and good with good.

Orks for the win, I have a bunch of points so I'm ready to go.  Unless I unleash my tau.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 07:30:42 AM »
Provided I can attend, there will be blood.

And for the sake of Mork (or Gork) don't be bringing yer Tau!

I think because of the points restriction to be bringing a Khornate Mortal force as well as a nice force of Khornate daemons.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 09:51:38 PM by the_trooper »

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 07:17:16 PM »
Angroth for the win, this time screw the order kids, hid him and the present him when they've bent over to tie their shoes.

Side note lets make a plan to untie their shoes before the game.

And yes the orks will be marching under my Grotsnik rule, 5+ invulnerable save grots. 

3pts for a grot
5pts for +5 invulnerable

getting a save against basically every weapon in the game= PRICELESS

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 10:22:11 PM »
I have a plan of awesome.   After my wedding I will turn my dream into a reality.  Too many unexpected little costs are making me wait.  It is almost as good as your grots surviving D weapons.

General Leevous

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 10:43:09 PM »
papa nurgle will be there!!!!!!
Run Run Run as Fast as You Can... You Cant Catch Me Im The GINGER!!!!

So sayeth the Ginger, FEAR the Ginger!

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2008, 11:56:42 PM »
Weddings BAH!

Elope to vegas have a lesbian asian elvis impersonator do the ceremony, now that makes some memories to tell the kids. 

Then you use the money you save to buy the toys you want.  Obviously you may have more money given the woman probably won't go for it.  But that is where the roofy colatta comes into play, keep her sober enough to say "I do".  Video tape it for proof and its legally binding.  BOOO YAAA!  Another problem solved by me.

Tada.....

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 06:01:43 PM »
Just a quick favor, some people asked for an idea of how many of us were going to show this year. 

Can I get a shout out from all that are planning on attending, I think we should say for now the date is the 10th.  I know that there was a hand full of people that said the third was not good and the 10th was better.   As of yet I have only seen one person say that they could not make it on the 10th or any date after.

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 06:16:25 PM »
My Raiders will be there

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 10:43:30 PM »
You have my chain axe!

cryptoron

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 12:06:21 AM »
The Pylon is ready!  You name the date, I'll destroy the targets.
"A Thunderhawk full of Necrons...WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW!!!!!"