Author Topic: Armageddon: Chaos  (Read 24928 times)

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
Re: Armageddon: Chaos
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2008, 05:03:30 PM »
suck a ball bag, titan boy

Nahs.  Can't wait to rape you.

Not if Bang'grath has anything to say about it!

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2008, 12:28:55 PM »

He won't.
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2008, 01:02:31 PM »

He won't.
"Would you help me put this into my van?"

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2008, 03:02:29 PM »
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2008, 04:59:06 PM »
It puts the lotion on!!!!!!!!!!!

And when bang'grath his the board you know your going to need all the lotion you can get.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 05:10:20 PM by jesterofthedark »

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2008, 06:56:30 PM »
Now that the wedding is done with, I can now invest my time into the khorney army and all the khorney jokes that go along with it. *rimshot*

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2008, 04:58:10 PM »
wow quick honeymoon

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2008, 05:34:23 PM »
She could only get 2 days off because unions are for communists*.

(Substitute teachers in Boston do not get any personal days, I feel a rant coming so I'll end it there.  She plans her own lessons and does all the other full time teacher things.)

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2008, 12:29:24 PM »
We going to be setting up email lists like last year?

Eastie04

• Heroic Tier Level 8
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2008, 05:42:26 PM »
Hey everyone,
  Since its Winter and I'm ramping up my painting and playing again I was thinking about getting my 'Crons ready for the Mega battle.  Is there a previous post that details point totals/cost and what not?  And should I pick up the Apoc. book before hand or are there enough copies floating around that I could read one while at the store? 
  I'm looking forward to playing more at BG and hopefully I'll be able to help out during the Megabattle.  thanks in advance guys!

-Kurt

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2008, 07:16:57 PM »
Welcome!

The mega battle is going to be a 3500 pt per player format with two sides, Order vs Chaos.  There are usually enough books around that you can look up any info you need for apocalypse, but you may want to buy it or reloaded for yourself.  Reloaded has race specific strategic assests.  As for the entry fee for the mega battle, I am currently not sure.  Last year I think it was like $15.  If you interested in using any data sheets we are allowing freely the us of anything off bell of lost souls and the apocalypse books.  If you have a personal data sheet the way we are doing that is that you post it on your sides forum and then when we agree its good we present it to the other side so they can voice their opinions on it.  That way we can make sure no one gets their idea unfairly shot down.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
Speaking of data sheets
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2008, 07:33:06 PM »
I have been toying with the idea of an ork drop pod list, and this is what I have worked up as a data sheet.

Ork Rokk  65pt

Unit: 1 Rokk
Type: Transport

Unit Stats: AV- F:11 S:11 R:11  BS:2

Weapons And Equipment: None

Options: Can take up to four of the following bolt-on guns at listed price, guns must be manned by units embarked.   Each Bolt-on has a 180' firing arc.
Big Shoota +5
Rokkit Launcha +10

Weapon Stats: Big Shoota Range: 36" Str:5 Ap:5   Assault 3
                     Rokkit launcha Range: 24" Str:8 Ap:3 Assault 1

Transport Capacity: 30 models (unit model Values found in Apocalypse Book)
                            * Killa Kanz count as 5 units per base.

Speacial Rules:  In-Accurate: Rokks Scatter 3d6" rather than the normal 2d6"
                      Deep Impact: Rokks are just that Giant Meteors with ship engines welded onto them.  When a Rokk lands Place the 7' blast template down, all models under the template are hit with a Str 8 Ap: 3 blast as the rokk slams into the planet.  Any survivng models are tank shocked as normal (vehicles are moved out of the way even if immobilized as the blast would toss them to the side), terrain is removed as building would crumble under the rokks wieght.  Units inside the transport may not disembark the turn they enter play.
                       Open-Topped: same as in the rule book.  (Yes units can shoot out of it but count as moving the turn the rokk lands.)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 07:34:40 PM by jesterofthedark »

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2008, 12:35:13 AM »
65 points seems a bit low.  How big of a model is this?  I presume at least a 10 inch footprint?  I say that because dreadclaws are something like 5 inches across.

You sure killa kans are only 5 as loyalist dreads count as 10 in a transport / superheavy.

So for math wise, I would consider....

It's about 3 drop pods- so 35 points each * 3 (for transport capacity)

105 So far

7" orbital bombardment shot so about 80 points for that when you factor in the pricing from the daemon hunter codex.

AV is -1 -1 -1 compared to a drop pod

subtracting 10 per negative seems fair

Bringing it to 155 points and having a 7 to 10 inch diameter being roughly spherical in shape.  What say you?

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2008, 07:41:59 AM »
155 again seems a little low. Open topped, I presume your going to want to assault the turn it lands?

So what we now have is something that could be 7 inches wides, that may scatter a bit, that can cause strength 8 ap 3 wounds AND then dump out 30 orks or more than likely 3 killer cans. Take that to normal extremes and Turn two sees a mess right in the middle of the oponents deployment zones at least potentially.

so 155 Sounds like a steal. I'd like to see it play tested.... I think bare minimum, your looking at 250pts.

or to make it a bit more Orky we could try this, everything under the template suffers a strength 8 ap 3 hit and the rock suffers a strength 8 ap3 hit for every wound caused by it landing. Passengers suffer 3d6 str 4 ap - hits.

Cheers,
Alan
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2008, 08:39:41 AM »
He said open topped but cannot assault out of it.  Can't even disembark the turn it lands.  Only fliers can you assault out of when they land. (FW drop pod, dreadclaw, thunderhawk....etc)