Author Topic: Tale of X Gamers Abington  (Read 12191 times)

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
Re: Tale of X Gamers Abington
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2011, 12:48:21 PM »
Depends on what month you start.
With the holidays looming around this month, I think it'd be wise to start either in January or February.  I'm leaning more towards Feb, to allow more preparation time for those are considering starting a new army from scratch.
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2011, 01:53:54 PM »
If this is going to be a store "sponsored" thing, I'm going to need some time to get it organized / advertised.

Too many projects in the pipe right now and not enough definitive answers.  Borderline overwhelming actually.  Good thing it's Monday.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2011, 01:54:27 PM »
Ok so Jan sounds good. I think it will allow for partially painted armies. The idea is to get it finished and ready.  From my understanding as long as you have the army painted in time your good.  Eventually you will have to add to it when we increase the points of the army.

Im glad my idea is going to work! Lets figure out the details of start date, how much time between rounds, and flush out any other specific details.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2011, 01:59:03 PM »
If this is going to be a store "sponsored" thing, I'm going to need some time to get it organized / advertised.

Too many projects in the pipe right now and not enough definitive answers.  Borderline overwhelming actually.  Good thing it's Monday.

Chase I think this will be more run by a small group of players in Abington. Shouldn't affect your plans to much.

King of the Elves

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2011, 02:11:54 PM »
With the holidays looming around this month, I think it'd be wise to start either in January or February.  I'm leaning more towards Feb, to allow more preparation time for those are considering starting a new army from scratch.

I think if we start in Feb that would give everyone a good time amount to start a new army but Jan shouldn't be that bad

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2011, 02:26:40 PM »

I think if we start in Feb that would give everyone a good time amount to start a new army but Jan shouldn't be that bad
Agreed, but I think it may be better to get a poll on on the participants for when they'd think would be best for them.  We'll all vote, and go by the majority.

Chase, as far as "sponsorship" goes, what do you think about the participants submitting a fee to help alleviate whatever financial constraints that may come up?  If we're talking about something as simple as a plaque, if each player pitched in $5 for this "league", it would more than cover the cost of something like that.

"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2011, 02:38:23 PM »
That would be fine.  Honestly, I'm a lot more concerned with the time involved on my end as far as hammering out the details / "rules", taking and posting pictures, documenting the progress of each persons stuff, and keeping people interested and motivated over what looks like half a year.

If the store is going to have no "official" involvement, then all of this is something I don't have to worry about.

History dictates that something like this needs someone to head it up in order to be successful.  Usually, when the store doesn't fill this role, things burn hot and fast for a while, then die out.

It's a good idea and could certainly breath life into the 40k community in Abington.  I would not like to see it "fail".

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2011, 06:56:59 PM »
Chase I was planning on heading up the project personaly and having  a plaque made up. so dont worry hommey I got this covered

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2011, 06:59:11 PM »
Chase I was planning on heading up the project personaly and having  a plaque made up. so dont worry hommey I got this covered

Awesome!  Good luck and good job!

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2011, 07:10:31 PM »
Thanks dude!

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2011, 08:18:00 PM »

Alright Steve,
                I want to finish some Elysians, so let's have at this. Start in January? 1000 points as buy in? or are we starting with 500?

Cheers,
Alan
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Randl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2011, 08:43:25 PM »
I would really like to take part in this.
I need an excuse to start playing again.
can we start with 500 points? I don't think I'll get 1000 done by next month....

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2011, 09:18:14 PM »
Starting January we are all starting at 1000pts the army can be already partialy painted, after either a Month and a Half or 2 Months is the deadline for having your army painted. The time limit has yet to be decided.  You can play as many games as you like picking the best score out of all the games.

All current Codecies are acceptable as are Imperial Armor codecies within reason, if you can substitute a Standard codex for the Imperial Armor book It is Strongly Encuraged to use a standard codex.

Scoring is as follows:

Painting:

Painted army on time: 5 Points

Painted models are late: 3 Points

Army not painted by the start of the next round: 0 Points

Games:

win: 3 points
draw:2 points
Loss: 1 point
I will say every one has a week to play a game or two to get their desired results and if they did not finish on time to get the 3 points for the late paint score.

In the event of  a tie after the final round there will be a final game to be played to determine the ultimate winner.

So lets decide how much time in between rounds, and any other imput you have for me
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 09:20:35 PM by Grand Master Steve »

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2011, 09:22:23 PM »
I would really like to take part in this.
I need an excuse to start playing again.
can we start with 500 points? I don't think I'll get 1000 done by next month....

We start in January and you will  have Until some time in March to have 1000 points assembled and painted. So you dont have to start in January as owning the 1000pts you can still collect it by the time line.

King of the Elves

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2011, 10:20:21 PM »
We start in January and you will  have Until some time in March to have 1000 points assembled and painted. So you dont have to start in January as owning the 1000pts you can still collect it by the time line.

So do you have to have a 1000 point army assembled and painted by Jan or just have the materials ready so that in March sometime you have it all ready.