Author Topic: Tale of X Gamers Abington  (Read 12297 times)

Randl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
Re: Tale of X Gamers Abington
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2011, 11:42:25 PM »
We start in January and you will  have Until some time in March to have 1000 points assembled and painted. So you dont have to start in January as owning the 1000pts you can still collect it by the time line.

Well if a noobish player is welcome I would love to sign up with my Flesheaters.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2011, 02:05:45 AM »
We start in January and you will  have Until some time in March to have 1000 points assembled and painted. So you dont have to start in January as owning the 1000pts you can still collect it by the time line.

So do you have to have a 1000 point army assembled and painted by Jan or just have the materials ready so that in March sometime you have it all ready.

You would need the 1k by March. You don't have to start with all 1k in hand as long as you have 1k by the deadline.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2011, 02:07:08 AM »

Well if a noobish player is welcome I would love to sign up with my Flesheaters.

Noobish members perfectly welcome! Great way to get started and meet other players.

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2011, 11:25:32 AM »
So to clarify:

Round 1 Start Date: Jan 1, 2012 (tentatively)
Deadline for first 1000 Points assembled and painted: Feb 29, 2012
All players must have played at least 1 game and have their painted army scored.  (Scoring system to be clarified later)

Round 2 Start Date: Mar 1, 2012
Deadline for additional 250 points of painted models: April 30, 2012

I think a 2 month time frame would be fair for everyone. 

On another note, how far/high do we want this to continue?  If you go the length of the entire year, we'd have 2500 points of our new armies.  How's everyone feel about that?
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2011, 01:31:12 PM »
I think a 2 month time frame would be fair for everyone. 
I agree, but also I want to point out...

On another note, how far/high do we want this to continue?  If you go the length of the entire year, we'd have 2500 points of our new armies.  How's everyone feel about that?
Forcing 250 each month gives people a 2500 point army by July, just in time for Ard Boyz.

But since Ard Boyz doesn't require painting and is LOL!, it's really just a cute coincidence I noticed. :)

King of the Elves

« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2011, 02:52:32 PM »
Noobish members perfectly welcome! Great way to get started and meet other players

This is awasome i can't wait to get started with IG! and will tanks and such count or is it just troops?

Frosthydra

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2011, 03:03:02 PM »
I believe it's anything that adds points to your army.

Tanks, troops, bikes, weapons teams... all of it.

Again, just from what I've seen done in the past, it's been anything.
Reality is a cruel and unintuitive place with rather frustrating game-play mechanics.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2011, 05:20:25 PM »
anything available to your army is useable as long as it follows the standard force org. Chart.

You must have an HQ and two Troop choices before you can add anything else to your list. 1000 pts is enough to cover more than troops and HQ.

Randl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2011, 11:48:08 PM »
Since everyone else that has signed up is doing marines I think I will use this as an excuse to get my Orks Painted. They have been sitting here taunting me.

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2011, 12:53:03 AM »
Forcing 250 each month gives people a 2500 point army by July, just in time for Ard Boyz.

But since Ard Boyz doesn't require painting and is LOL!, it's really just a cute coincidence I noticed. :)
Astute observation, Ben, but I think in the spirit of the "campaign", for lack of a better word, if we keep it at a more casual pace, people will find it more enjoyable.  And as you also pointed out, 'Ard Boyz doesn't require painting, and the lists also tend to be WAAC.  Unless players intend to play that way for this campaign, I don't see the campaign helping anyone who intends to play in this year's 'Ard Boyz.

Warhammer 40,000

King of the Elves

« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2011, 01:07:49 AM »
Just a noob question... what's Ard Boyz?

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2011, 02:26:04 AM »
Just a noob question... what's Ard Boyz?
Every year, GW hosts a free 2500 point tournament.  It's 3 rounds, and the preliminaries and semi-finals are usually played at an FLGS.  The final round is then played at another location, of GW's choice IIRC.

The tournaments prize support is completely sponsored by GW, so should you place in any of them, not only do you advance to the next round, but you're usually given a prize, in the form of store credit or a box kit of a certain value.  Couple the prizes by the fact that it's free to play, and you usually see quite a few harsh lists out there.  

Anyways, that's 'Ard Boyz in a nutshell.

Warhammer 40,000

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2011, 02:35:31 AM »
The prizes for the Ard Boyz Semi-final Round are significant.  This year our winner chose a Grey Knight army and received:

5x Grey Knight Terminator Boxes
2x Grey Knight Boxes
3x Stormraven Gunship Boxes
2x Landraider Crusader Boxes
1x Landraider Box

Not too bad for a free event, huh?  ;)
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

King of the Elves

« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2011, 12:29:09 PM »
Not too bad for a free event, huh?  ;)

Not bad at all, thanks for the info.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2011, 08:10:58 PM »
Ok final details I would like to flush out:

When we start in January should we end: In middle of March or End of March?

How much time between rounds?

Is a 250 point increase a reasonable amount inbetween rounds or should it be more?

When we end it should the armies be at 1500 or 2000? How long do we want this to go?

How many people are going to participate? Namely so I can change the X in X Gamers to a number.

When we start Ide like to take photos of each player and what they have at the time for their respective armies. I will make a Spread sheet for every one  Any objections?

Finaly BG Plainville has a 40k Club. I think this tale of X gamers would be a good way to start one in Abington. I would like to keep 40k going once all is said and done. Any thoughts?