Author Topic: Warhammer 40k 6th Edition Rules Questions  (Read 34346 times)

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
Re: Warhammer 40k 6th Edition Rules Quetions
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2012, 11:39:40 PM »
Yes but I have had little time to read it cause I have been reading the forums. I have only skimmed its contents
Fixed.  ;D

I lol'd REALLY hard.
beep bop boop

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2012, 12:56:06 AM »
Yes but I have had little time to read it cause I have been reading the forums. I have only skimmed its contents
Fixed.  ;D

This is the only time i am agreeing with Bryan, I want a like button.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2012, 01:45:05 AM »
Not funny!

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2012, 02:14:22 AM »
Anyone in this Thread noticed Questions is spelt wrong in the title.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

NateT

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2012, 10:46:20 AM »
I did now!  Ha!  How did I miss that?

So, special characters can be taken by allies of convienence?  I am trusting you lot to tell me, because I will not be able to read the rulebook until I get the mini one in the starter (Dark Angels?  heck yeah).

I would love some henchmen squads as troops... So now I need to buy Cortaez...

Nathan B

• Heroic Tier Level 1
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2012, 04:13:40 PM »
Rules question regarding flamers:

A squad with a flamer is being assaulted. The model with the flamer is near the back of the squad. Can the model get his d3 hits against the incoming squad, or can he not fire his flamer through his own models? The rules for the overwatch firing does not mention measuring out the template, but does say that all normal rules about line of sight, etc. are followed normally.

Thanks!

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2012, 05:57:28 PM »
Allies of Convenience; and...Eldrad!

So, Allies of Convenience states that "Units in your army treat Allies of Convenience as enemy units that cannot be charged, shot, targeted with psychic powers or have templates or blast markers placed over them"

I take Eldrad as part of my allied force.  Eldrad has Runes of Warding, which state "A Farseer can use runes of warding to throw up psychic interference to hinder his foes.  All enemy psychic tests must be taken on 3d6, suffering a perils of the Warp attack on any roll of 12 or higher"

Would my primary forces psykers be affected by the runes then?
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2012, 05:58:16 PM »
Sam your awesome. Keep posting answers like this. I have no more questions about 6th now

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2012, 07:26:43 PM »
Allies of Convenience; and...Eldrad!

So, Allies of Convenience states that "Units in your army treat Allies of Convenience as enemy units that cannot be charged, shot, targeted with psychic powers or have templates or blast markers placed over them"

I take Eldrad as part of my allied force.  Eldrad has Runes of Warding, which state "A Farseer can use runes of warding to throw up psychic interference to hinder his foes.  All enemy psychic tests must be taken on 3d6, suffering a perils of the Warp attack on any roll of 12 or higher"

Would my primary forces psykers be affected by the runes then?

Hehe, that's funny.  Makes a certain amount of sense, though.  Eldrad's like, "If you had a proper eldar brain, you wouldn't have this problem". 

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2012, 02:06:15 PM »
So, I have a question for Sam (and Sam rather specifically):

My GK techmarine, metal model, comes with what looks to me like an axe.  I have options, whihc I pay pts for, to switch it out for various NFW, which would be legal, and require conversions.  But changing that axe to a regular sword would be "modelling for advantage" by the same logic, right?

Furthermore, other chapters use the same model.  SInce they don't have options to switch out the main weapon, does that mean all regular techmarines have power axes now?  +1 Str, i1?

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2012, 04:44:13 PM »
This topic has been split.  Almost all posts with respect to Power Weapons and that whole debate have been moved to another thread.

It's sort of a chop job, so if it doesn't make sense, too bad.  :)
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
Re: Warhammer 40k 6th Edition Rules Questions
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2012, 05:04:33 PM »
I would argue Sam, that you have made one of those "slippery slope" decisions you have previously expressed a fear of.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2012, 05:17:32 PM »
I think that's almost definitely the case, Matt.  He's been forced to make a choice and he has.

It doesn't appear to be very cut and dry topic, but ruling the other way would probably lead to more problems and more groaning on event days.

Sam is a smart dude.  He's great with this sort of thing and I'm sure he's considered the consequences of ruling either way.

He is placing the burden of proof on GW, which IS ugly given all of the super old models that are outfitted differently, Necromunda models that are outfitted differently, convention exclusive models that are outfitted differently, etc.  Maybe we should get him to comment on how that might work.

Excuse my ignorance, but how many different units does this argument apply to?  Lots?  A handful?  Somewhere in between?
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2012, 05:41:36 PM »
Less than lots, but more than a few?  I havent really done an inventory. I mean there are at least a few models (such as wolf cav) that there has never been a model for or only very recently.

Really any model that has power weapons is subject to this discussion. (that's a lot). Ver few of them have ever been packaged with an axe previously (aside from some SW for thematic reasons)

Power axes were nearly nonexistent in 40k, previously. Part of why I think they meant this change to be modeling opportunity.

Zaroth

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2012, 06:29:21 PM »
I have 2nd edition sm assault marines armed with axes, and still have a few axe bits.  They could take them in 2nd edition.  Since the newest assault marine box set does not include axes, do I have to use them as power swords, or can I use them as power axes, since the models came with them?