Author Topic: Warhammer 40k 6th Edition Rules Questions  (Read 34420 times)

Grand Master Steve

Re: Warhammer 40k 6th Edition Rules Questions
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2012, 07:52:33 PM »
Sam I 100% support your rulings. I think your explentation is the most logical way to go up an unfortunate slippery slope.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2012, 09:47:47 PM »
I have 2nd edition sm assault marines armed with axes, and still have a few axe bits.  They could take them in 2nd edition.  Since the newest assault marine box set does not include axes, do I have to use them as power swords, or can I use them as power axes, since the models came with them?

That is Weird I have a Power Axe come in Both Assault Marine Boxes I seen open as well as A Death Company.

Now for a Really weird and very specific situation wise question about Assault. You pile in 3" on your initiative step.

Space Marine Techmarine without a Power Weapon and Servo Harness. He has 2 Initiatives he strikes at His Normal 4 and his Harness Strikes at 1.

Techmarine is with an Infantry Guard Platoon whos Initiative 3 fighting Necron Warriors Initiative 2. He manages to kill a Necron at his initiative so the Guard Pile into the spot where that Necron was at Initiative 3 and kill some more Necron. At Initiative Step 2 the Necrons manage to kill some of the guard leaving a gap where the Techmarine is not in Base Contact with a Necron Warrior or 2" of a friendly Model. DOES he Get a Pile In at Initiative Step 1 for his Servo Harness Attacks or is he Crap out of Luck?
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2012, 01:46:05 AM »
Except, he doesn't   Because the techmarine model I know of, comes with an axe.  SO he's all initiaitve 1.  And according to you, Sam, I can't switch that out.  (Well, actually, I can pay for any of like 5 different NFW upgrades, but vanilla marines can't)

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2012, 01:53:29 AM »
Power Weapon doesn't Come Standard on a Techmarine so if I don't give him the upgrade he does not have it therefore he has 2 different Initiative Values. This comes into play with the Techmarine Gunner for a Thunderfire Cannon who has a servo-harness but does not have a power weapon.

So he does.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2012, 02:14:30 AM »
So it is.  But if you were to upgrade him, it had better be an axe!  Apparently. 

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2012, 02:35:11 AM »
Nah I would give a Thunder Hammer.

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2012, 07:38:06 AM »
So, while this may tie into the Power Weapon, What Is It Good For Thread, it's also a rules question;

As previously ruled, a model with a Power Weapon must use the option as designed on the original model from Citadel.

So what type of Power Weapon is a Burna?  Since the model has no representation, do Orks get to model whatever they want on it?  Or are they going to be restricted to swords only, as a generic baseline?
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2012, 10:00:27 AM »
So getting away from the power weapon thing for a sec:

The language on grenades and difficult terrain and initiative 1 used to be something like "if the unit takes a difficult terrain test, it attacks at initiative 1 (unless grenades)"

Now the language has changed to "if the unit moves through difficult terrain"

Now various units, such as Wraiths and Beasts (now) ignore difficult terrain.  Jumpers, it seems like, can actually jump over terrain, if they didn't use their jump packs in the movement phase. 

In the wraiths case, it says "Wraiths are never slowed by difficult terrain"

Previously, that would have meant they don't need grenades.  But now, they're still passing though the terrain......wouldn't that make them Initiative 1?  (not always a big difference, for them) 

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2012, 10:13:26 AM »
units that ignore terrain, ignore it!

Units that go over, didn't go through!

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2012, 10:35:26 AM »
units that ignore terrain, ignore it!

Units that go over, didn't go through!

Maybe?  I'd say you have a stonger case with beasts than wraiths.  Because wraiths don't ignore it, exactly,  they just don't take a test. 

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2012, 10:57:02 AM »
I'd use the definition ignore = disregard, which means you substitute the terrains reality for your own, and move as if it was not there.

But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2012, 12:12:17 PM »
OK, few more rules questions for Sam (besides wraith movement).

When taking Allies, do you need to take manadatory choices?  Firewarriors and Commaders for Tau (versus Kroot and ethereals) or the emperor's champion for Black Templars?

Commander Farsight attacks "as a monstrous creature in CC".  Does that mean he has Smash and AP2?

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2012, 02:31:23 PM »
hehe, just though of another one:

Does the 1mm line drawn by a doom scythe count as "template"?  This matters for whether it can hit flyers.  The same ruling would apply to psychic beam attacks, I would think. 

Do beams and Novas need to roll to hit? 

JWebs

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2012, 03:02:26 PM »
hehe, just though of another one:

Does the 1mm line drawn by a doom scythe count as "template"?  This matters for whether it can hit flyers.  The same ruling would apply to psychic beam attacks, I would think. 

Do beams and Novas need to roll to hit?

Beams and Novas say that they automatically hit.
Also isn't template only referring to the flame template? The other two are blast and large blast and are specified in the fliers rules as also being unable to hit. The three of them aren't all "templates".

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2012, 03:25:12 PM »
OK, great.  Then all these 1mm lines and novas are a great way to hit flyers.