Author Topic: [Megabattle] Custom Model / Datasheet / Idea Approval Thread  (Read 57447 times)

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
Re: [MegaBattle] Custom Model / Datasheet / Idea Approval Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2010, 12:29:46 PM »
Arent there like 20pt wargear items that do the same?
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2010, 01:02:09 PM »
I haven't read anything about it yet (unless I missed something), and so that the team approving things looks into it and to make it gain notoriety for people that don't know about it, I submit the Lords of Battle datasheet book for approval.

http://www.box.net/shared/diel1ercms

While those approving it probably know about it, to people who haven't heard about it before...

Lords of Battle is a small book of datasheets (kind of like Apocalypse: Reload) that was put together by a small group of dedicated fans and tested relentlessly.  From experience, I have found it to be very balanced and fair.  In fact, it was the first to post rules for some things that Forge World came out with later (such as the Reaver titan) and Forge World's rules were much more powerful.

The Lords of Battle rules are a neat group of datasheets for many units found in Epic but not yet brought to 40k, along with other things that have only been discussed in fluff.  You should check it out and see if it gives you any ideas, I know it sure gave me some.

Any datasheets that have since been made by Forge World or Games Workshop would of course supersede these, but the great majority still have not.
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2010, 01:25:41 PM »
Arent there like 20pt wargear items that do the same?

Not any more.  Dreadaxe comes to mind but that died with the CSM codex 3.5.

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2010, 01:38:43 PM »
What about the DE weps or the Necrons weps they do it right?

Either way these are rules I found on the interwebs.... Thought they looked moderatley controlled for a Primarch.
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2010, 01:41:46 PM »
I'm currently making a updated Codex for the Dark Angels using ideas from the interweb, others opinions, and so forth. I've have been working on it for a very long time now and would like to just submit the Codex to you guys a couple of months before the mega battle.

As cool as it is, I have no plans to allow a fan-made Codex into the Megabattle.  Unfortunately it opens up a GIANT can of worms and sets a precedent.

I suggest submitting a datasheet or two if you would like certain things to gain a certain bonus.

Everyone should PLEASE keep in mind that we are going to be very strict with respect to what we allow.

This thread does not mean it's open season to throw us a bazillion different crazy / powerful things found across the internet or other places.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 01:45:30 PM »
How are Primarchs veiwed on this.  IF i play in the Mega Battle this year I would like to field Leman Russ as my army commander.

Primarchs are something we may work on for this years Megabattle.  If we do get around to it we will post the rules / stats / point cost for each of them.  There may or may not be restrictions (like 1 per table per side or something).

DarkAngelsGuy

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 02:07:54 PM »
As cool as it is, I have no plans to allow a fan-made Codex into the Megabattle.  Unfortunately it opens up a GIANT can of worms and sets a precedent.

I miss worded it by calling it it's own codex. It is rather much an annex with some new datasheets. Nothing is anything near over-powered and I am more of less just going for the coolness factor. In all actuallity I'll probably get my rear end handed to me.

There isn't any new "special" rules that they don't already have. All of the wargear stays the same except maybe one item and everything is very well balanced as this annex has been tried, tested, and written by MANY others. The book will contain the datasheets I wish to play, all within the good spirit of the game.

It is my wishes that I might be able to still give a copy of this for you guys to view and discuss amongst yourselfs as to not spoil the "secrets of the inner circle" or surprise rather. I will add that it will not be in any way difficult for the others players to understand how any of these units function as they share the same parimeters as the existed units as described in Codex DA. If you still think this is a bit much and wish to not view the annex, I would rather like to send data sheets via email as that is all that is really being added.
Thanks
Brian
I like to go home, pour some whiskey, and have a surplus of units to pick from.

You are a scholar.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2010, 02:16:31 PM »
We will allow people to submit custom datasheets to us this year.  Please, please, please understand that we are going to be VERY strict with respect to what we allow.

We would prefer that submitting datasheets be the exception and not the rule.  Which is to say, don't spam us.

skavengear

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2010, 03:13:50 PM »
Also, Skaven, I almost wanted to punch my monitor after reading that.  Then again, I know you are just trolling as you know the burning hatred between the Thousand Sons and Wolves.  

i dont need silly wolves, im going to use my useless possesed  :P

here is a raw pic of my DD to scrutinize at:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=45013&id=1805097493&l=916fbf48bf

now you can punch your monitor rich

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
Re: [Megabattle] Custom Model / Datasheet / Idea Approval Thread
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2010, 04:15:09 PM »
Unlike some people, I find DD's to be hilarious.  Why else would I field a 2500 point chaos dreadnought?

skavengear

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2010, 04:36:54 PM »
aren't they so sexy

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2010, 05:11:18 PM »
You should see if DD + Strategic redeployment can work.   ;D

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2010, 06:54:49 PM »
****I reserve the right to mock everything lame due to my inherent greatness which is unquestionable****
Who do you think you are, Kevin?  Captain Bryan? ;)
8) 8)

also: my Skullhamma will be submitted when i am done with it

« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 04:23:12 PM by Chase »

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2010, 07:21:46 PM »
rob: I always thought the stuff off of bell of lost souls was a good resource, they play test all their stuff and I have yet to really see something that did anything to gasp at that you didn't pay out the tush for.

DarkAngelsGuy: Like Chase said data sheets using current incarnations of printed subject matter would be best.  Sadly, getting a new codex would be great but due to the doors it would open all data sheets created involving a given army should take into account the current codex they are using.  Case in point, a Dark Eldar data sheet should use the new codex as its source not the old codex that has the unit you really like but they changed.

Dave Goss: Every point you make is Moot, sorry it happens.

Grimwulfe: I would love to see the community come to a satisfactory compramise about fielding such units as the primarchs.  I think based on the way people see it we should keep it to a template that has been set as a precident.  Ex. would me angron as an ascended deamon prince.

Sadly strategic redeployment will not work on a DD, its immobile.  It would be like using strategic redeployment to move an immobilized bane blade to a better firing position.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2010, 07:58:47 PM »
So Kevin and Chase, does my Banelord get to come play?