Author Topic: [Megabattle] Custom Model / Datasheet / Idea Approval Thread  (Read 57116 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
[Megabattle] Custom Model / Datasheet / Idea Approval Thread
« on: December 06, 2010, 05:54:32 PM »
In case you guys didn't catch Derek's post in the Thread of Doom, the MegaBattle is going to take place on Saturday, June 4th, 2011 next year.

This is the thread where everyone **must** submit there custom / scratch built models, datasheets, ideas, and rules concerns.

A very small group of people will be responsible for helping me figure through some of the more complex issues that WILL come up.  The work load this type of event presents is considerable and since we plan to jump from 40 to 60 players this year I will need their help.  Please understand that these people are trying their hardest to be strict, stern, and fair all while trying to preserve the spirit of the event.

Currently, the people helping me out are Kevin Nolan (JesteroftheDark) and Paul Gaughran (Opforce3).

Have at it, gentlemen.

HERE is a list of official Datasheets
It may or may not be complete

« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 02:03:36 AM by Chase »
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

skavengear

Re: [MegaBattle] Custom Model / Datasheet / Idea Approval Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 06:24:00 PM »
so do we just get to freely post our submissions here?

well my doomsday devices paul has seen, and weve agreed from what i got of it, that they were accurate enough, although lame.

just before more people ask:

a) if i play traitor (insert marine army here) do i get any of their special wargear or options/tech?
like a traitor thunderwolf calv, a traitor stormraven, traitor sword brethren, traitor deathwing terminators etc etc etc^97. ?

b) how do you handle loyalist CSM? because they would be gifted with chaos but still love the emperor.

c) is clothing optional at this year's event?

d) are you possitive?

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 07:06:19 PM »
Remember, lame = not allowed.

I'll cite the Defense Laser example.  We all knew exactly what Rick's Defense Laser was supposed to be, it was just lame... and he got shit for it because it was lame.  Another example would be Mike Do's Black, ass beating, Emperor Titan.  We all knew what it was supposed to be, it was just lame.

This year, just like years before, we are trying to eliminate "lame" from the event.  We want "cool" not "lame".  Just like I said last year... If you think it's probably lame, don't field it please.  But again, that's what this thread is for.

Answers:

A) The only "traitor" army we allow is traitor Guard and they must CLEARLY be modeled as such.  Traitor Marines are considered Chaos Marines and need to use the Chaos Marine Codex.  Tau plays on the Order side only.  Orks are Disorder only.  There's no such thing as traitor Space Wolves, etc.  You are able to make use of whatever wargear, options/tech that your Codex offers.
(correct me if I'm wrong)

B) The MegaBattle does not support loyalist Chaos Marines.

C) Clothing is required, as is bathing before the event.

D) I am positive.  :)

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 07:46:02 PM »
Perhaps, lame = not allowed is a dream in reality.

The rule was always try to make it look cool as best you can.  There is a general understanding that some players like paul have the ability to model these awesome units using silly puddy and the dreams of Orphans.  Others are not so lucky, the example of Rich and Mike is great because it stresses two points on the same subject matter.

Rich was at the time still in my opinion a novice at customizing his 40k stuff.  As a result his custom built model did reflect his current abilities as he has so admitted, the mocking shall forever continue though because it was a funny looking hampster ball.  Mike is a more advanced player working on a model that in my opinion was at his level, and he had the ability to make it look as good as Nick's.  He just didn't spend the time he needed too on it.  Thus, lame.

I guess the point would be, if you really tried you best at it and its decent enough for paul to say its ok them I'm satisfied.  But, there is still like 6 months for you too improve upon it and you have no excuse not to try to do just that.

****I reserve the right to mock everything lame due to my inherent greatness which is unquestionable****

skavengear

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 07:58:37 PM »
mine looks exactly like the one in the gw datasheet online on their site. theirs is lame. so mine is both lame and dead on accurate.

otherwise nobody could field the stormraven in all gw's concentrated fail  :'(

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 08:23:26 PM »
****I reserve the right to mock everything lame due to my inherent greatness which is unquestionable****
Who do you think you are, Kevin?  Captain Bryan? ;)
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

Moosifer

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • Egotistical Co-Conspirator
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 08:57:50 PM »
Hampster Ball + Tiki Torch = DEFENSE LAZER!!!

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 10:24:58 PM »
To get the ball rolling and this thread with some real substance and as I wait for paint to dry (and sharktopus to finish...)

I submit to the super heavy registration act.

Banelord of Khorne:

I'll post more images soon.  

He is getting upgraded with some armor plates, more exterior detail and possibly a new head now that I have more time to both think and plan more.

EDIT:
In the two titan hug fest, it's the little guy with the tail.  He has such spunk!  (Rick, not the Banelord)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 10:28:16 PM by the_trooper »

DarkAngelsGuy

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 09:33:37 AM »
I'm currently making a updated Codex for the Dark Angels using ideas from the interweb, others opinions, and so forth. I've have been working on it for a very long time now and would like to just submit the Codex to you guys a couple of months before the mega battle.

There is some things I wish to keep secret from the others until the actual mega battle.

If it helps any, I'm tryin to get it to look like an old tome with "aging" the pages and giving it a real leather or camal skin cover for coolness factor. It will also be complete with my current DA codex 4.0 as well as 2.0 and Angels of Death codex.
I like to go home, pour some whiskey, and have a surplus of units to pick from.

You are a scholar.

skavengear

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 10:14:05 AM »
I'm currently making a updated Codex for the Dark Angels using ideas from the interweb, others opinions, and so forth. I've have been working on it for a very long time now and would like to just submit the Codex to you guys a couple of months before the mega battle.

There is some things I wish to keep secret from the others until the actual mega battle.

If it helps any, I'm tryin to get it to look like an old tome with "aging" the pages and giving it a real leather or camal skin cover for coolness factor. It will also be complete with my current DA codex 4.0 as well as 2.0 and Angels of Death codex.

I didn't know we could make our OWN codexes!  :o

hello traitor stormshield runepriest on a thunderwolf with mark of tzeetch and saga of the bear!

^^^^^^ APPROVE THIS NOWWWWW!!!!!   ;D:-* :'( :-* ;D ^^^^^

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 11:17:44 AM »
How are Primarchs veiwed on this.  IF i play in the Mega Battle this year I would like to field Leman Russ as my army commander.
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

Grimwulfe

• God
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 11:47:00 AM »
Version 1 - Dont ask me about Points I have no Idea I will leave that up to you guys.

LEMAN RUSS, PRIMARCH OF THE SPACE WOLVES
The Feral One, The Wolf King, The Wolf That Stalks The Stars

WS – 9; BS – 6; S – 6; T – 6; W – 4; I – 7; A – 5; Ld – 10
WS – 5; BS – 0; S – 5; T – 5; W – 2; I – 5; A – 3; Ld – 9 (Freki)
WS – 5; BS – 0; S – 5; T – 5; W – 2; I – 5; A – 3; Ld – 9 (Geri)

UNIT TYPE
Beast/Cavalry

WARGEAR
Wolf Tooth Necklace; Wolf Tail Talisman

Mjalnar: This counts as a master-crafted frost blade. Wounds caused by this weapon ignore invulnerable saves.

Russ’ Pistol: This counts as a master-crafted bolt pistol that fires at Strength 5 and AP 4.

Armor of the Wolf King: This counts as a suit of runic armor that incorporates a belt of russ.

SPECIAL RULES
Independent Character; Son of the Emperor; Fearless; Insane Bravado; Counter-Attack; Headstrong

The Wolf King of Fenris: If Leman Russ is included in your army, all of your Space Wolf units replace the And They Shall Know No Fear special rule with the Fearless special rule. Leman Russ counts as having the Saga of the Wolfkin, the Saga of Majesty, the Saga of the Warrior Born, and the Saga of the Beastslayer.

Howl of the Feral One: Once per game, Leman Russ may unleash his howl. When he does, all friendly Space Wolf units gain the Fleet and Preferred Enemy special rules for a game turn, and all psykers (excluding friendly Rune Priests) must take an immediate psychic test.

Freki & Geri: These count as Fenrisian Wolves in all respects, with the exceptions of the improved profiles shown above.

NNOT SOLD ON THIS SPECIAL RULE FYI
Son of the Emperor: A unit with this rule has all of the following rules-
- The unit attacks as a monstrous creature in close combat.
- The unit has the Eternal Warrior, Feel No Pain, Fleet, and Acute Senses special rules.
- The unit is immune to psychic powers without a given Strength value, as well as Perils of the Warp attacks.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 11:50:29 AM by Grimwulfe »

Grimwulfe

• God
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 11:53:19 AM »
1 more question.  Can I field my Emporer Model as an Emporer Titan?

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2010, 11:53:59 AM »
As a guy that tried to make an LatD codex after EoT was considered no longer legitimate, I dislike the idea of fan made codecies.  Just too many variables to consider and too much policing to reign people in.  

Leman Russ is a myth :P.  The loyalist primarchs (and most of the Chaos ones) are gone but not forgotten.  I think the only Chaos one available is Angron.  If you wanted to represent him, I would be fine with using stats of a currently available unit.  Lee uses Abadddon to represent Mortarion, for example.  So use Lysander as Leman Russ.

Also, Skaven, I almost wanted to punch my monitor after reading that.  Then again, I know you are just trolling as you know the burning hatred between the Thousand Sons and Wolves.  

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2010, 12:03:42 PM »
I got lazy and posted prior to reading the response.

Take a peek at the Angron datasheet on GW's website.

Then realize he is a Daemon Prince.  As in he transcended being one of the toughest primarchs and got blessed by Khorne.   And he is base priced at 1000 points and still doesn't ignore invulnerable saves.