Author Topic: Tale of X Gamers Abington  (Read 12298 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: Tale of X Gamers Abington
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 01:28:26 AM »
That's valuable info, Seth.

Internet ninjas, if you can find the articles or WD's out there, please email them to me.

(or scan them and email them to me)
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Frosthydra

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2011, 01:32:47 AM »
If nothing else, you can find a few of these on GWs website, they have 6 of them for Warhammer Fantasy up there.

This is the first one:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=cat440022a&categoryId=400020&section=&aId=10100003a
Reality is a cruel and unintuitive place with rather frustrating game-play mechanics.

King of the Elves

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2011, 02:01:45 AM »

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 02:42:11 AM »
Im think we start at 1250 so we have enough points to get a variaty of units. thoughts?

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2011, 02:43:05 AM »
i checked the white dwarf and the criteria on games played was actually games played(best result) which will most likely work better for most people. meaning you can play as many games as you want and you take you best result for the score. say you play 1 game and tie you can take that score but you can also play more games until you win for the best results. and the painting criteria seemed to be more to completion what that means is what it means for you. one of the guys did extensive converting on the stand for his jetbikes and then painted it. it is supposed to be friendly so if you don't feel that your models are complete than you are not done. i am not sure if there was i different time for submission and then a later one for a late date or what that would have to be determined.

I actually like this idea that Seth is bringing up a lot, since it gives people like me who don't get to game at BG Abington as much as others.  If we're taking the best score of one game, I could at least participate when I'm in town.  Now if I can only get there on a regular monthly basis... ::)

One question I have though:  Do we have to start with a new army, or can it be an army that we already have?  TBH, I haven't planned on starting any new army, but have been just working more and more on my Ultramarines (adding details, and whatnot).  Please let me know what the consensus would be for this.

Define painted. Three-color minimum?

Let's go for the gold and say "if you have to ask, it isn't".
+1 to this.  Although, for the sake of technicalities, we should probably have some sort of standard.
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2011, 02:45:49 AM »
Im think we start at 1250 so we have enough points to get a variaty of units. thoughts?
I think that would depend on if you're having all the players make new armies.  If you are, then 1250 may be a little high for someone just starting a new army, and is anxious (especially if you're playing horde-like armies, like Orks, Tyranids, or even IG).  

I'd suggest lowering it to an even 1000 to start, and then go up in increments of 250 from there.  Thoughts?

Warhammer 40,000

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2011, 02:49:16 AM »
well you are supposed to pick up a band new army. We can do 1k to start

King of the Elves

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2011, 03:00:06 AM »
I'd suggest lowering it to an even 1000 to start, and then go up in increments of 250 from there

Is that 250 points per month?

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2011, 03:22:51 AM »
we haven't decided the time in between. A month doesn't seem like enough time for 250 for some armies.

First I have Questions:

1. Is this a definite go?
2. How much time in between point increases to paint them?
3. Re-State rules with clarifications
4. Besides myself and Ian who else is in?

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2011, 04:31:11 AM »
If i Get a job i will.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2011, 08:58:17 AM »
hmmm.  I would like to but I just started the Carcharodons a couple months ago. While they aren't finished, most of it is just lacking weathering and highlighting. :-\

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2011, 10:18:35 AM »
Is that 250 points per month?
I'd say 250 points per "unit of time" that we agree to set it at.

we haven't decided the time in between. A month doesn't seem like enough time for 250 for some armies.

First I have Questions:

1.  I think you definitely have people interested, Steve.  It's more of the matter of getting people to start a new army.  As for myself, I did recently pick up some CSM and BA stuff.  It'll be nice to play a new codex now, for me at least.

2.  In hindsight, maybe a month was too short.  I forgot how quickly time goes nowadays, and with Tristan around, I'd be lucky to get anything else done.  Plus, if we expand the time frame between increments, it would allow me more leeway as far as how often I'd get to come up.  One visit every 2 months is certainly more manageable than one visit per month.

3.  I think Seth's post from earlier clarifies quite a bit of it, but if you want, I can make something a bit more "formal" later, and post to this thread when I've got some more free time.

4.  I'm in, so long as the playing schedules are lenient enough for me to join.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 10:27:22 AM by Rurouni Benshin »

Warhammer 40,000

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2011, 12:28:44 PM »
It may be possible to modify this a bit, to accommodate those who don't want to start a new army from scratch. What I'm envisioning is a painting rubric, marking off progression. Players submit their armies at the very start, and get a percentage score toward army completion. The winner each month is the player who completes the highest percentage (basically, whoever does the most in the month).

Example, if you've got an army that's almost done and you're in for the motivation to finish the project, maybe you're in at 80%. There's another guy with models in boxes, in at 0%. You both finish 1000 points (or whatever) for the first deadline. The other guy wins, because he did more in that month. But both players win, because their armies are one step closer to awesome!

King of the Elves

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2011, 12:43:46 PM »
First I have Questions:

Depends on what month you start.