Author Topic: [Plainville MA] "ARMOR WAR" 1250pt 40k Tournament - 10/26  (Read 9879 times)

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
Re: [Plainville MA] "ARMOR WAR" 1250pt 40k Tournament - 10/26
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2013, 08:54:47 PM »
Just to double check, do dedicated transports count towards the 750 points in power armor?
Hmm, do dedicated transports wear power armor?

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2013, 09:12:45 PM »
I've been meaning to update that.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2013, 11:33:39 AM »
Just to double check, do dedicated transports count towards the 750 points in power armor?

I wouldn't think so....so far, in my head I have list on which counts as "power armor".

Almost all "marines" (Imperial, Chaos, DA, BA, SW, GK) with a 3+ save.

Sisters of battle. 

"Artificer armor" is still a form of power armor.

Marines on Bikes are still wearing power armor, as are assault marines. 

GK inquisitors that buy power armor (Coteaz with his artificer armor) and acolytes that wear power armor are.

Arguably, CSM demon princes that buy "power armor" are wearing power armor.  (this actually seems the most iffy, but I like the spirit of it)

All the guns and wargear on a unit or character would count towards the "power armor total", but no, transports would not. 

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2013, 11:44:49 AM »

Ummm.  No.

Artificer armor is NOT power armor.
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

andalucien

• God
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2013, 01:15:17 PM »
How about, anything where in the equipment of the unit entry, it says "Power armour"?   Seems pretty clear cut.
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2013, 02:50:33 PM »

Ummm.  No.

Artificer armor is NOT power armor.

Page 126 of the new codex, "Embellished by the finest artificers, these lavish suits of power armour afford the wearers protection that rivals even terminator armor."

That seems pretty definitive, no?  Every other fluff reference to artificer makes clear that it is just extra special (or old) power armor, too.  Regardless, I'd like a clarification either from Chase or Sam exactly because some people might do a double take as you just did, and I could see it making a difference with 100-200 pt character in a list.

Also:  http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Artificer_Armour#.UlL0lWRASiI

"Artificer Armour is the name given to individualised and heavily modified suits of Power Armour"

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2013, 03:02:14 PM »
Really people? Good god the intent is clear, just build a damn list and stop reading between the lines. These forums have been insane lately. If people keep making it this difficult to run events all the interesting stuff is not going to be run especially since the money is in the straight forward tourneys. Please try to keep these strange events as much fun for the people running them as possible. 750 pts on stuff in standard 3+ power armour.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2013, 03:06:02 PM »
*shrug*

I think what counts as power armour is important, or at least it mattered for a few lists I was thinking about. (btw, most GK HQs are either termie or artificer armor) I also obviously wasn't the only one.

I really wish you wouldn't try to make me feel bad just for asking. 

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2013, 03:15:32 PM »
The GK list I made doesn't count my HQ in the 750. The point I am getting at is these events are meant to be fun and different so the answer always will be the very clearly intended answer. I am not a rep of the tournament but I can say with almost 100% certainty that artificer armour and daemon princes wearing power armour will not count towards the 750.

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2013, 03:19:27 PM »
Fluff is not rules.  Fluff has never been rules.  This is not a "counts as Power Armor" tournament.  It is a "Power Armor".  If the entry says Power Armor, then its out of the 750.  If it says anything else, its 500 points.

If you want to be super specific and stick with Fluff as rules, then there is no such thing as Terminator Armor - it's true name is Tactical Dreadnought Armor and since no unit has Tactical Dreadnought Armor then it doesn't exist and you can never field Terminators because they have an illegal piece of wargear.

I have GK HQ's that are in not in Terminator or Artificer armor, so I'm not really sure what the problem is.

I will say for the sake of the event's feel, I would say that Dedicated Transports for a Power Armor unit should count as "Power Armor" because there is no other way to get Rhino's or Drop Pods for marines - you cannot buy them separately
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2013, 03:29:21 PM »
Fluff is not rules.  Fluff has never been rules.  This is not a "counts as Power Armor" tournament.  It is a "Power Armor".  If the entry says Power Armor, then its out of the 750.  If it says anything else, its 500 points.

If you want to be super specific and stick with Fluff as rules, then there is no such thing as Terminator Armor - it's true name is Tactical Dreadnought Armor and since no unit has Tactical Dreadnought Armor then it doesn't exist and you can never field Terminators because they have an illegal piece of wargear.

I have GK HQ's that are in not in Terminator or Artificer armor, so I'm not really sure what the problem is.

I will say for the sake of the event's feel, I would say that Dedicated Transports for a Power Armor unit should count as "Power Armor" because there is no other way to get Rhino's or Drop Pods for marines - you cannot buy them separately

The only problem i see with allowing dedicated transports to count as part of the 750 is some codexs can take Land Raiders as a dedicated transport. It does make sense for Pods, Rhinos, and Razorbacks though

Grimwulfe

• God
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2013, 03:32:29 PM »
You can only have 2 pods anyway so losing 70 pts from the 500 really isnt that big if a deal.
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2013, 03:33:50 PM »
Hey, does anyone want to have a game where my space marine dudes shoot at your space marine dudes and vice versa?  No Bennett, you don't?  Ok cool, maybe next event.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2013, 03:51:49 PM »
Hey, does anyone want to have a game where my space marine dudes shoot at your space marine dudes and vice versa?  No Bennett, you don't?  Ok cool, maybe next event.

Hey, SCREW YOU GUYS.

Artificer armor, according to everything I know, is absolutely absolutely power armor.  An yeah, btw, fluff certainly is rules, all the time, as far as GW is concerned.

Maybe that's not what Chase meant when he said "power armor".  Maybe he doesn't want Bikes to count towards that 750 either, despite them wearing power armor.  I HAVE NO IDEA, THAT'S WHY I ASKED.

It's simple fffing question. I would like the answer to the question, it's not a big deal, one way or another, as yes, it's fun fluffy tournament, but it still matters, every SM HQ can take artificer armor, and a lot of the GK HQs have it to start, as well as all techmarines. 

You guys are making it sound like I'm being an a-hole for asking.  Well, I'm not, I think you all are being a-holes for making a big deal of it.   If your opinion on the matter is some variation of "how dare you ask that" then shut it, I basically think you're a crazy person.  If you're opinion is some variation of "Bennett, maybe this isn't the tournament for you" then screw you, your jerk-face.

It's a simple, straight forward question.  I'm allowed to ask a simple question without being made to feel like a jerk.  God-DAMN!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 03:54:01 PM by Sir_Prometheus »

andalucien

• God
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2013, 03:51:59 PM »
I actually don't think these are silly questions, I think they need answers, but I think that the simplest (and what I recommend) answer is that it should go based on the name of the armour in the equipment section.

I'm not trying to find a loophole here or even be combative, it's just that I can't attend at all unless Daemon Princes wearing power armour count, because otherwise I don't have enough guys wearing power armour to equal 750 (most of my sisters army is not actually wearing power armour either).   If Sam or Chase says this is not allowed, that's cool, but I hope you can see why I would ask.
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.